Musical Taste - A Depiction Of Intelligence Levels?

I get annoyed when some-one raves on about a particular type of music and then wont even consider the fact that other types of music may be worth listening to. I have widened my musical tastes over the years and so in my collection you'll find Glen Miller, The Enid, Dolly parton, Gregorian chant, Rush, The Carpenters and even some Dire Straits to name but a few. If some-one is totally fixated on one type of music then in my mind they're a bit dim.

I get annoyed when some-one raves on about a particular type of music and then wont even consider the fact that other types of music may be worth listening to. I have widened my musical tastes over the years and so in my collection you'll find Glen Miller, The Enid, Dolly parton, Gregorian chant, Rush, The Carpenters and even some Dire Straits to name but a few. If some-one is totally fixated on one type of music then in my mind they're a bit dim.

You joking?

Bela Bartok- Hungarian composer and pianist who died in 1945. Composed a wide range of music and was one of the founders of ethnomusicology. Much of his work explored the breakdown of diatonic harmony.

I'm sure he wasn't the first and only person to play/sing off key.:hihi:

Not in the instrumental parts, I think 3 bars 3/4 then 1 bar 4/4 then 3 bars 3/4 and 1 bar 4/4..... they write it like this to keep the drummer awake.
There's quite a few songs/compositions where time signatures change, doesn't Orbison's 'In Dreams' have a single 2/2 bar in the early passage?

^^^What he said.

If you were to turn up at my house unannounced you may find me listening to Bartok one day, Tool the next and Prodigy on the third. What does that say about me?

As if anyone is going to answer that totally honestly. :P

Spot on that man- it's only a waltz if you don't mind adding an extra hop once every 4 bars.

And the Radiohead track is in 10/4 timing. I'm a sucker for 5/4, like in Sting's Seven Days, and the lovely 7/4 4/4 combination in Money by Pink Floyd too. It's the only Floyd track I have ever found that I like, but at least I gave them a go.

My bold= 5/4 time Dave Bribecks 'Take Five', you break it down into either:- I am a, thicky. or I am, a thicky.

I like to think I am open to anything but in the car at the minute i've got

Joe Jackson

Squeeze

Beautiful South

Oasis

Radiohead

Isn't it funny, think I have around 500 albums (vinyl and cd) yet hardly any are American bands, they're 95% Brit albums aint I a patriot :)

I've recently bought an interface and started saving my Vynil into Itunes using EZ Vinyil Converter software.

Ok then smarty bum who is black and good then ? don't even go with Bob Marley cos he's half caste, Micheal Jacko ended up whiter than white, who is black and good ? enlighten me with your superior intelligence Obi Wan Rampent !

Was half caste.

Archived