Those who spoil summer for others.

Why do some people spoil summer for others?

Am I the only one who gets fed up with having to close my doors and windows in summer because some inconsiderate person has decided to blast their music out?

No-one wants to be a kill-joy but why does everyone in the neighbourhood have to listen to one persons noise?

Even with the double glazing I can still hear the thump, thump of music some of my neighbours play.

A couple of weekends ago I and several of my neighbours where out on our back gardens enjoying the sunshine and doing whatever in our gardens. When at about 1.30 one of the other neighbours put on his music, very loud.

It was like a siren from the blitz had gone off. everyone who was out ended up back inside, myself included, with all the windows and doors shut.

One has to make the decision to either have a headache or stifle, if it's loud enough you have both.

This is not just one person or just where I live, it goes on all over. Nor is it just music. Why? Is there no sense of neighbourly consideration any longer in this country?

Why do some people spoil summer for others?

Am I the only one who gets fed up with having to close my doors and windows in summer because some inconsiderate person has decided to blast their music out?

No-one wants to be a kill-joy but why does everyone in the neighbourhood have to listen to one persons noise?

Even with the double glazing I can still hear the thump, thump of music some of my neighbours play.

A couple of weekends ago I and several of my neighbours where out on our back gardens enjoying the sunshine and doing whatever in our gardens. When at about 1.30 one of the other neighbours put on his music, very loud.

It was like a siren from the blitz had gone off. everyone who was out ended up back inside, myself included, with all the windows and doors shut.

One has to make the decision to either have a headache or stifle, if it's loud enough you have both.

This is not just one person or just where I live, it goes on all over. Nor is it just music. Why? Is there no sense of neighbourly consideration any longer in this country?

Contact the council, If its council property they're in the council can act.

Look on the bright side. It's a nuisance, but summer only lasts for a week or two. You probably won't have to suffer the problem again until next year.

I live in a detached house in a very quiet neighbourhood so noisy people is not a problem at any time.

One thing that does annoy me though are ice cream vans. We get 2 a day doing a couple of circuits around the block blaring out inane tunes.

Yesterday one of them was playing a Christmas carol of all things

Archived