Those who spoil summer for others.

I live in a detached house in a very quiet neighbourhood so noisy people is not a problem at any time.

One thing that does annoy me though are ice cream vans. We get 2 a day doing a couple of circuits around the block blaring out inane tunes.

Yesterday one of them was playing a Christmas carol of all things

I know what you mean, why do we even have them in this day and age. I don't mind the static vans which one sees at places like Bakewell etc and they could even put one at the end of each street for me, as long as they didn't play that ruddy noise.

By some of the comments on here it seems like most don't care about others and the rest have totally misinterpreted my OP.

I don't just mean the odd radio blaring out nor do I mean that it only occurs when the sun is cracking the pavement.

People have to put up with noise from all types of things that could be avoided if others where a bit more considerate.

I have obviously used the wrong forum for this.

To paraphrase Jean-Paul Sartre, "Other people's music is hell".

I hate people who impose their music on me.

Me too! We used to have a detached house, with an elderly neighbour at one side and nothing at the other, the garden was so peaceful. Now we're in a semi and back on to a terrace, I have to pick my moments to sit out! Early morning is good. ;)

I understand that people enjoy their gardens in different ways, but blaring music is a big nono for me. I don't mind a bit of melody drifting over, but constant thumping bass is extremely annoying. :(

I don't mind the sound of a lawnmower or hedge trimmer either. They usually mean the surrounding gardens are being looked after.

Is not the music, or lawnmowers that make us go indoors, shutting all windows, and doors. Its the parents that allow children to SCREAM and cry all the time.

Across the garden from me it is not the fact that the children scream and cry all the time, it is the mother screaming at them and the language she uses is dreadful. it shouldn't be used in adult company never mind at small children.

i tell my kids to keep it down and respect other people and they do, but somewhere along the line i think some of us have forgotten what it was like to be a child!!!

So did I, and kids have to play the key word here is play !!!!!, not constant being left alone to scream and scream and scream, none of mine or my grandchildren, have been left to do this, and no way have I forgot what it is like to be a child :huh:

how many of you have been concearnd enough to report this behavior to social services?i would if it is as bad as you say, a child only screams when there is something wrong, surely. i would aso love to hear a ice cream van so that i would be able to go out and get my kids a icecream, taggies preferable like when i was a child. yummy!!!!

With regards to the ice cream van I am in complete agreement. Bit of a bugbear of mine actually. They don't half get on my nerves. Is there any need for them to be that loud? When I was a kid Joe's used to come round and he had a handbell. Yes a handbell!! And we all heard it. And he only came once a week. Twice a day is too much in my eyes!

Archived