Those who spoil summer for others.

No-one's mentioned the habitual pyromaniacs who insist in filling the sky with thick black billowing smoke and all the subsequent ash falling all over...(quick - bring the washing in and wheres my ventolin?).....Ah yes there are many anti-social people in Sheffield. Unfortunately I get them all round here. Thankfully as one sensible person pointed out - it's not all the time but when I get all of them on the same hot sunny afternoon, (screaming kids, icecream vans, loud music, motorbikes/quadbikes and loud foul mouthed shouty people, to name just a few) murder does indeed spring to mind.

I was on a bus going to town an hour's journey away, most of the passengers were elderly, suddenly I could hear very loud music, I saw a bloke with earphones to the right and then further on to the left I saw the culprit, I had asked twice if whoever was playing the loud music would turn it down, he said he'd paid his fare, none of the other passengers uttered a word but gave sympathetic looks, I said it wasn't very democratic (maybe the wrong word) when everyone was forced to listen to his personal choice, then the bus driver asked him to turn it down, there wasn't much difference, so the driver told him he could either get off the bus or he'd contact the police, that shut him up though I heard him on the phone telling someone he'd nearly got chucked off the bus - what did he expect? Would he have liked it if someone had been playing 'Tosca' to him - I don't think so.

I was on a bus going to town an hour's journey away, most of the passengers were elderly, suddenly I could hear very loud music, I saw a bloke with earphones to the right and then further on to the left I saw the culprit, I had asked twice if whoever was playing the loud music would turn it down, he said he'd paid his fare, none of the other passengers uttered a word but gave sympathetic looks, I said it wasn't very democratic (maybe the wrong word) when everyone was forced to listen to his personal choice, then the bus driver asked him to turn it down, there wasn't much difference, so the driver told him he could either get off the bus or he'd contact the police, that shut him up though I heard him on the phone telling someone he'd nearly got chucked off the bus - what did he expect? Would he have liked it if someone had been playing 'Tosca' to him - I don't think so.

But thats a year long problem and you could have got off the bus! This is about people trying to get some peace in their own garden at home! Public transport is anti-social and noisy - all those smelly strangers. But at home in your own back yard, its more serious because you can't get away from it.

At least summer comes only but once a year, and the way every summer is panning out so far it can not be that regular as summer huh what summer.

Not been much of one for a long time really if it was constant I would understand, Can you not go round and ask them to turn it down a little.

Not a lot you can do if it is before 10pm think it is. I once had the neighbours from hell and the rules based around music blaring from 9pm-6am some times non stop every night still let them get away with what they was doing. Council or no council, so you might well be better buying ear plugs.

Pop them in before entering the garden and tadaaaaaaa silence :)

Not much help but a suggestion non the less. :)

Archived