Should there be a legal maximum volume of home stereo systems?

Should there be a legal maximum volume for home entertainment systems?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be a legal maximum volume for home entertainment systems?

• Yes
    • No

Yes.... "Eleven" ;) LOL ;)

Actually, I think there should be a built-in limiter, in all domestic sound systems, that makes the stereo explode if it goes above a certain level after, say, 10 at night, if the earphones aren't operative.

Why stop at home stereos? Extend it to annoying yappy dogs barking constantly, home burglar alarms going off for hours at a time, or massive lorries thundering past causing the whole street to vibrate.

There should be tougher laws for all kinds of noise pollution.

Actually, I think there should be a built-in limiter, in all domestic sound systems, that makes the stereo explode if it goes above a certain level after, say, 10 at night, if the earphones aren't operative.

Thats what I had in mind actually, Legislate so that sterio systems are restricted to a certain volume. There is no good reason why anyone should have their HOME sterio volume turned up so loud that it is a public nuisence.

Thats what I had in mind actually' date=' Legislate so that sterio systems are [i']restricted[/i] to a certain volume. There is no good reason why anyone should have their HOME sterio volume turned up so loud that it is a public nuisence.

I get you.

I meant that the limiter could permit someone to cause their own ears to bleed with impunity, should they use the headphones at the volume of their choice, but not permit the loudspeakers to go above an acceptable level if the music was being played through those.

Archived