Quitting Smoking!

My mum has been smoking since she was 12 years old and she is now 48 years old and trying to stop smoking. I have talked her into trying to stop and cut down on them.

She says she smokes around 8 a day.

Anyone got any tips of stopping? We don't have anyone else in the house who smokes so I don't know much about it.

I am willing to go out and buy her whatever she needs to help her stop today.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Well I stopped just over a year ago and was on circa 30 a day, if I had been on only 8 a day I wouldn't have bothered stopping. I used patches, no gum or inhalers, your mother should be fine.

I was nearly 63 when I stopped, and had been smoking from age 14.

:o 8, eight per day....well i suppose 1 is 1 too many. i think smoking is more of a habit thing and if you look closer you will know when she smokes, find her something to do when she would normally smoke.

i read, sometimes only half a page but it helps, 6 weeks last sat for me :)...still have the craving though.

If you want her to quit smoking today buy her a electronic cigarette starter kit. The "Joye 501" starter kits are excellent for beginners.

I have been off cigarettes for 9 months simply by vaping on electronic cigarttes and I have saved a small fortune.

Archived