What's the going rate for pocket money?

My 9 yr old gets £5...on a Saturday...but if she is naughty during the week she gets money taken off!

See I won't take money off my lads as they will start thinking whats point in earning some thing to have it took away.

Then he won't earn his money as he will see no point which means he wont learn about how nothing in life comes for free ect.

I reduce bed times, we have all sat and agreed the denton's house rules together. Both my lads signed it and we all agreed that per rule broken in the day they get 5 minutes deducted off their bed time that night.

Works great and still gives them incentives to do well and learn :hihi:

I would not change our rules and ways I love it and I love the routine we have. I know my kids ain't angels but I am proud of how they try so hard and are willing. :love:

Totally agree with Charlie. I'm 35 and the contrast between my friends who earned their pocket money and know the value of money and those just given it who are permanently in debt or confused is striking.

I had to earn mine washing the car and doing odd jobs. I also did a paper round from 14.

I did a paper round which payed for going concerts ect, I still remember first one I paid for was party in the park.

I think it's best for our kids future wise it gives them ambition :)

My boys have been saving their pockets money and they have now got 100 pound each for the holiday abroad we are going on to spain in 6 week

Archived