Paris Night Club racial door policy?

ip man

On 3 visits (weeks apart) to paris night club/Sheffield my two sons who are mixed race are refused entry, when they've gone with a caucasian friend, he is allowed through, they are refused with feeble excuses (' your wearing stripes so cant come in' ). It's 2011, to make it worse, on 2 of those occasions one of the doormen was black.

My boys are well mannered, well groomed, polite, currently at uni, good natured etc, me and my mates experienced this kind of behaviour 20 yrs ago, didn't think clubs still had racial door policies (if there's 2 or more black/mixed race guys queing, they get refused). What am i supposed to tell them? There are only a limited number of bars/clubs in centre of Sheffield.

I'm trying to find out if other clubs/bars in sheffield have a similar door policy where they will only let in a limited number of black people, if so i intend to make them known to the wider public, after gathering evidence, and intend to take legal action if after taking legal advice, there is a strong possibility of success, as it's unacceptable. It's ok to play black music in these clubs but not acceptable for black customers to gain entry, it's clearly all very subtle.

If you have witnessed or been a victim of such behaviour at Paris club in Sheffield or any other bars/clubs in centre of Sheffield please let me know in detail.

I'm from France and unfortunately this is just the way...

I'm glad I'm settled in this country to be honest

On 3 visits (weeks apart) to paris night club/Sheffield my two sons who are mixed race are refused entry, when they've gone with a caucasian friend, he is allowed through, they are refused with feeble excuses (' your wearing stripes so cant come in' ). It's 2011, to make it worse, on 2 of those occasions one of the doormen was black.

My boys are well mannered, well groomed, polite, currently at uni, good natured etc, me and my mates experienced this kind of behaviour 20 yrs ago, didn't think clubs still had racial door policies (if there's 2 or more black/mixed race guys queing, they get refused). What am i supposed to tell them? There are only a limited number of bars/clubs in centre of Sheffield.

I'm trying to find out if other clubs/bars in sheffield have a similar door policy where they will only let in a limited number of black people, if so i intend to make them known to the wider public, after gathering evidence, and intend to take legal action if after taking legal advice, there is a strong possibility of success, as it's unacceptable. It's ok to play black music in these clubs but not acceptable for black customers to gain entry, it's clearly all very subtle.

If you have witnessed or been a victim of such behaviour at Paris club in Sheffield or any other bars/clubs in centre of Sheffield please let me know in detail.

No I have not been refused on racial grounds, but have been as I was too drunk.

Were they too drunk?

is it a coincidence that on the same occasion 3 people try getting in....2 mixed race 1 white and only the white person is allowed in?

surely the 2 mixed race guys wernt BOTH too drunk at the same time and the white one just so happened wasnt?

Archived