Paris Night Club racial door policy?

ip man

What do they have against 'stripes' Is it some sort aggressive fashion discrimination ... like wearing a Ben Sherman shirt used to be?

Like no horizontal stripes, cos they make you look fat, and you're not coming in, fat people don't look cool enough for Paris? :huh:

What do they have against 'stripes' Is it some sort aggressive fashion discrimination ... like wearing a Ben Sherman shirt used to be?

Like no horizontal stripes, cos they make you look fat, and you're not coming in, fat people don't look cool enough for Paris? :huh:

Players bar has rules like no Timberland boots, and no Henleys tshirts, also no tattoos on blokes, but fine on women.

They're all going a bit power mad lately

Players bar has rules like no Timberland boots, and no Henleys tshirts, also no tattoos on blokes, but fine on women.

They're all going a bit power mad lately

That bit has made my day!!!

To the OP - Get in touch with the South Yorks Racial Equality service - Can't work out where they are based now, but this is the sort of thing that they would get their teeth into... Unless there was another reason for their being refused entry? Not adhering to dress code, or being a bit drunk or whatever?

I used to love the Leadmill picking people out of the queue who wouldn't be getting in during the early 90's - especially for the summer and winter balls, but then they were looking for people who weren't dressed 'indie'... If you don't look like you'd fit in, often you won't be admitted into clubs...

On 3 visits (weeks apart) to paris night club/Sheffield my two sons who are mixed race are refused entry, when they've gone with a caucasian friend, he is allowed through, they are refused with feeble excuses (' your wearing stripes so cant come in' ). It's 2011, to make it worse, on 2 of those occasions one of the doormen was black.

My boys are well mannered, well groomed, polite, currently at uni, good natured etc, me and my mates experienced this kind of behaviour 20 yrs ago, didn't think clubs still had racial door policies (if there's 2 or more black/mixed race guys queing, they get refused). What am i supposed to tell them? There are only a limited number of bars/clubs in centre of Sheffield.

I'm trying to find out if other clubs/bars in sheffield have a similar door policy where they will only let in a limited number of black people, if so i intend to make them known to the wider public, after gathering evidence, and intend to take legal action if after taking legal advice, there is a strong possibility of success, as it's unacceptable. It's ok to play black music in these clubs but not acceptable for black customers to gain entry, it's clearly all very subtle.

If you have witnessed or been a victim of such behaviour at Paris club in Sheffield or any other bars/clubs in centre of Sheffield please let me know in detail.

So your kids were refused entry for a reason given (which is probably in line with the policy. what labels were they wearing) I assume their friend was not wearing the same clothes yet you wish to turn this into a racist door policy. your argument is rather weakened by the fact that it was afro carribean door staff who refused them.#

"It's 2011, to make it worse, on 2 of those occasions one of the doormen was black." Why does that make it worse? you trying to make out that the brothers wouldnt let your kids in because the white man say so? Because the way you have typed it then you it is certainly coming across that way

I've been refused entry before for wearing certain labels and clothes. The venue was playing pop/r'n'b, does that make it an anti white door policy?

Take legal action and waste peoples time becuase your kids got refused entry to a licensed venue? did they get refused anywhere else that night? if every bar turned them away you may have a point.

Why do they try to get back into a venue after been turned away twice? Why not ring the venue asking what the policy is on clothing so you can advise your lads what to wear and what not to wear.

Do you really think the door staff of venues in sheffield have 2 clickers on them to count the white / non white population of the venue and a big flashing sign pops up to say "no more blacks?" again that is what you are insinuating with "I'm trying to find out if other clubs/bars in sheffield have a similar door policy where they will only let in a limited number of black people,"

"It's ok to play black music in these clubs but not acceptable for black customers to gain entry, it's clearly all very subtle." - What????????? Im not even getting into the whole "what is black music" discussion but that has to rank as one of the most stupid posts ive seen this year. Whats subtle? Venues only want white people in? so i take it that despite Paris having "black" dj's and "black" doorman it has a secretive plan to reduce its profits by refusing to allow a substantial amount of the ethnic makeup of the clubbing population of Sheffield entry to the venue?

Or perhaps your lads just didnt have on what was acceptable to that particular venue and were refused entry. You sure you got the full story from them?

Why not ring the venue and ask for clarification but to talk about taking legal advice and action against venues in Sheffield, what would you hope to seek? What outcome are you looking for with that?

Archived