Can anyone remember kettle bridge??

hi, i used to live on brett street, attercliffe can anyone remember kettle bridge at the bottom of broad oaks??

Yep used to cross it every day.We had that little breakers yard just round corner top of Ribton RD. Although it was used for spares more than anything.And worked at garrage at bottom Ribtsone RD

Yes I was brought up on Nidd rd,We used to have picnics at the side of the stream,before the parkway market was built.Mam used to take me over the bridge to the allotments every sunday morning in summer for veg for the dinner.She used to buy a bunch of flowers aswell .Did a bit of train spotting from the bridge too.Years later a concrete path was laid on the left just over the bridge my 3 childrens footprints are still there they all stood in the wet concrete.They are now 42,38,37.Thank you for the memories,:):):)

Hi jakibolsover - I wasn't familiar with Kettle Bridge but there's a photo on picturesheffield.com. I also have an old (1914) map that marks the bridge, but places it a little way away from Broad Oaks Lane - see here.

Thank you the photo took me back to my childhood :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Used to drive over it every day to take my children to the nursery at Kettlebridge School (the old Hammerton Road school) in the 90's. Got to it from the Parkway. Enjoyed looking at the photo from Picture Sheffield...how things change and not always for the better.......

its still there
It sure is - and it's also named on a modern map. I was a little confused as the OP seemed to suggest it was nearer to Broad Oaks Lane, and maps do show a bridge in that location (to judge from Google Earth it is now a footbridge). In the 1960s I remember cycling over Kettle Bridge to train-spot at Darnall engine shed. Bloomin' heck - that's a long time ago; I must be an old b*gger....:(