Notification of disciplinary hearing

i have got home today to find a letter inviting me to a disceplinary on tuesday just gone(14th). The letter was posted on the 9th. would this be a satisfactory notification period?

I am going to call the field hr person tomorrow morning explaining that i didn't recieve the letter but i am really unsure where i stand with this. i have recieved no email at work or a call either before or after the hearing, and i was unaware that i even had a hearing.

anyone got any idea's?

many thanks

the franked date was the ninth, this evening i saw the letter and there is a letter waiting for me to collect from the post office that requires a signature. Had i have had any knowledge that there was going to be a hearing i would have actually asked by mail or by phone. the letter does ask that i contact to confirm attendance but as i said, i only got it this morning.

no idea, sorry

Common sense and usual proceedings in law say not though - if they can't prove you were served notice, which they can't if you haven't signed for a letter

I wouldn't pick up the letter from the post office without obtaining legal advice first

either they've realised their mistake and the letter at the post office is for a new hearing, else it's one firing you in your absence, so tread carefully and get advice

Call ACAS in the morning 08457 474747 (they also have a website with loads of info) they will advice you for free. Do you have a union rep? if you do then give them a call, if not speak to an employment solicitor asap (Howells are approachable and will give immediate advice over the phone)

You are entitled to have a friend/work colleague/union rep with you at a disciplinary meeting, what usually happens is a date and time is arranged between all parties attending and that has obviously not happened in this case. Whoever you work for don't seem to follow good practice guidelines so don't try and do this alone, good luck.

Call ACAS in the morning 08457 474747 (they also have a website with loads of info) they will advice you for free. Do you have a union rep? if you do then give them a call, if not speak to an employment solicitor asap (Howells are approachable and will give immediate advice over the phone)

You are entitled to have a friend/work colleague/union rep with you at a disciplinary meeting, what usually happens is a date and time is arranged between all parties attending and that has obviously not happened in this case. Whoever you work for don't seem to follow good practice guidelines so don't try and do this alone, good luck.

i was investigated in april for non performance of one out of 7 kpi's and this dint improve the following month so the previous investigation was followed up, i was told it may go to disceplinary, the next i hear was this evening when i got the letter inviting me to attend tues just gone. it does state i can take someone with me etc.

If your HR dept had anything about them they should have enclosed an acknowledgement slip with your letter for you to confirm receipt.

Don't know how big your company is but was it franked by your own company machine. I have altered the date on the franking machine in the past to suit my purposes ( nudge, nudge, wink, wink).

Archived