Sandwich board men - idiots or hard workers?

What is your reaction when you see these guys ambling along the road with the huge 'A' board? Not the religious 'The end is nigh' fellas, but the ones seen advertising sarnie shops and other commercial concerns?

Are they [usually] mentally deficient and being taken advantage of? Or are they working and at least not doing little on the DSS?

Would you do it for a job? What would be your gut reaction (even secretly) to someone you met at a function who did this full time?

What is your reaction when you see these guys ambling along the road with the huge 'A' board? Not the religious 'The end is nigh' fellas, but the ones seen advertising sarnie shops and other commercial concerns?

Are they [usually] mentally deficient and being taken advantage of? Or are they working and at least not doing little on the DSS?

Would you do it for a job? What would be your gut reaction (even secretly) to someone you met at a function who did this full time?

Because it's a menial job you have to either be "mentally deficient" or on the fiddle? Or it's somehow not so bad if you're an "End is nigh" fella?

Selling God or selling a Big Mac is probably just as difficult. I know which one I'd be swayed to call an idiot though, as well as which one I'd sell. If the job puts food on the table and keeps the hawks from your door, why not.

I can see where your bias lies.:roll:

Nail on the head, hats off to them I say.:)

Archived