Lower the minimum wage to £4.98 for over 50s?

Should we lower the minimum wage for over 50s?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Should we lower the minimum wage for over 50s?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't know
    • What about the different tax credit rates dependent on age?

We live in a time of severe economic austerity.

This is fact.

Everyone should be prepared to do their bit for the coalition government and the capitalist economy. If this means 'downgrading' our hourly rate of pay so that we can send much more international 'development' aid to super wealthy regimes, or bombs to countries that annoy the United States, then so be it.

But lets start with the politicians first. No member of parliament deserves to be paid more than the minimum wage. And I know hundreds of people who would do that particular job for less than £6 per hour...

Any more of this and over 50's should go on strike, not just in the work place but everywhere and everything.

No more babysitting grandchildren so mum and dad can go out to work or on holiday, no more bank of mum and dad, no more cheap accommodation with food and washing thrown in, no more free taxis, no more DIY, no more good advice whether the youngsters listen or not, no more bailing them out of the scrapes they get into, no more supporting crackpot ideas!

Maybe then the over fifties would be appreciated for the treasures they are...

Yes...I was born in 42.....started working in 57 .....one week after leaving school. Sacked 3 years later for being late.....we had to clock in and after 8.50 it came on in red and had to be taken to a supervisor to be signed, after she had listened to our explanation.

3 times in one week meant you were in trouble......8.51, 8.52, 8.52 = total 5 minutes = dismissal.Can you imagine that being allowed today, to anyone, whether over 50 or under.

Yes...I was born in 42.....started working in 57 .....one week after leaving school. Sacked 3 years later for being late.....we had to clock in and after 8.50 it came on in red and had to be taken to a supervisor to be signed, after she had listened to our explanation.

3 times in one week meant you were in trouble......8.51, 8.52, 8.52 = total 5 minutes = dismissal.Can you imagine that being allowed today, to anyone, whether over 50 or under.

Up to 5 minutes late and you were docked a quarter hours pay if I remember right.

Archived