Been asked if builder can advertise on side on my house,anyone done this?

they have asked if they can put a board up on the side of my house from 6 to 12 months,

and will get something in writing to say they will make sure all is as it was when sign is removed,

they where sketchy about how much they would pay me,

has anyone else been approached to do similar??

me or the builder?

Your property needs the planning permission for consent to display an advertisement.

Anyone can apply for it, with or without your consent. In the situation that you describe it will probably be turned down.

Therefore, I'd guess that PP will probably put the builder off, especially since it's expensive.

If you are tempted to do it without PP then you should be aware that the planning department will probably issue you with an enforcement notice to remove the sign - are you confident that the builder or his money will visit you to sort it out when they do?

'Side of your house' ... the gable end?

If it was painted white and they projected an image onto it, would they need planning permission? (There was a case about this, but I'm too lazy to look it up - and I'm not aware whether the case made it to the Court of Appeal, so there may [or may not] be precedent.)

If you need planning permission to project an image on to a white-painted wall, what plannng permission do you need to put on a laser light show?

Archived