The success that war brings, US style that is.

For all those that support the Corporate US military industrial complex, just how many wars in the last 60 years has the great and the good actually won? Don't prattle on about WW2 as without Russia sacrificing over 20 million deaths it could have been a different outlook, as slowly it seems to be accepted its Russia that won it.

Don't forget the glory that was Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, Libya, Yemen, which just might suggest that force, as in bombs don't really work or did these countries / nations actually gain from Uncle Sam’s Boot?

By the way I love the new concept of a hero the US propaganda machine has succeeded in. Once a hero was an extraordinary person, Alexander the great springs to mind, the revamp in the USA is that hero’s come ready boxed, covered in bright material, and seriously dead. So repacked in many ways it seems.

For all those that support the Corporate US military industrial complex, just how many wars in the last 60 years has the great and the good actually won? Don't prattle on about WW2 as without Russia sacrificing over 20 million deaths it could have been a different outlook, as slowly it seems to be accepted its Russia that won it.

In Europe maybe - but I don't remember the Russians playing any real part in defeating Japan.

Yes. The Americans never do mention the massive Army coming from the East that was the Russians. It was us and the Russians that fought and won it. It's also good to remind Americans that they got involved because they realised if Germany did win, they would likely be next.

Yes. The Americans never do mention the massive Army coming from the East that was the Russians. It was us and the Russians that fought and won it.

I seem to recall a large US contingent fighting with us on the western front - good job as the Russians probably wouldn't have stopped at Berlin.

BTW the USA won by far and away the most important "war" post WWII - the Cold War.

I seem to recall a large US contingent fighting with us on the western front - good job as the Russians probably wouldn't have stopped at Berlin.

BTW the USA won by far and away the most important "war" post WWII - the Cold War.

I agree, fighting with us. Doesn't stop them claiming they won the lot and without them we would have all been screwed. I beg to differ. They didn't join out of heroism. They joined knowing they needed to get involved or they would have been next.

They also started the Clod War along with the Russians. How is ending it commendable?

I agree, fighting with us. Doesn't stop them claiming they won the lot and without them we would have all been screwed. I beg to differ. They didn't join out of heroism. They joined knowing they needed to get involved or they would have been next.

They also started the Clod War along with the Russians. How is ending it commendable?

Where do they claim they won the lot?

Why would they have been next? Hitler never managed to cross the Channel never mind the Atlantic.

I disagree re: the start of the Cold War. The USSR treated eastern Europe as virtually "conquered territory".

Don't forget the glory that was Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, Libya, Yemen, which just might suggest that force, as in bombs don't really work or did these countries / nations actually gain from Uncle Sam’s Boot?

By the way I love the new concept of a hero the US propaganda machine has succeeded in. Once a hero was an extraordinary person, Alexander the great springs to mind, the revamp in the USA is that hero’s come ready boxed, covered in bright material, and seriously dead. So repacked in many ways it seems.

Is there any point to any of this pretentious little rant other than to give the Americans a slagging? Only a simpleton would believe that any one single nation won WWII, whether that be Russia or the USA.

Archived