Is there a convention regarding taps?

They also have a mini bar. But then in Italy the taps are marked F & C and between the two it isn't difficult to make a mistake.

Hot and Cold......F and C....ERM....well nobody could get confused with that could they?

H = Cold?:suspect:

F = Hot

:huh:

It is always customary, but obviously not essential, to have hot on the left. If you have thermostatic mixer taps or a mixer shower, the units have to be plumbed with hot to the left.

That s right.Before hot water was common cold taps were either central or to the right as more people were right-handed.Johnny come lately hot had to take the vacant spot left,on the left.Finally people talk about hot and cold so the sequence fits the way we read and write.

Seeing as all our sinks / baths are up against walls it's pretty hard to stand behind them :cool:

It is common for a bath to be free standing and a sensibly sited bath will avoid blocking access from the front to enable servicing to be simplified.

It is common for a bath to be free standing and a sensibly sited bath will avoid blocking access from the front to enable servicing to be simplified.

And there are thousands of baths - the large majority in Sheffield I would suspect - that aren't free standing.

Have lived in 10 different houses in my life and none have had a free standing bath.

They also have a mini bar. But then in Italy the taps are marked F & C and between the two it isn't difficult to make a mistake.

What has Italy got to do with it?:huh:

I do believe they have hotels with taps there. :loopy:

Does anything come out of the taps? Do they need 'hot' and 'Cold' signs?

Or is that France?

Rupert (on holiday in France):

(In Cahors [hotel in the Michelin Guide] - mid-August) Q: "Where is the bathroom?"

A: "I'm sorry Sir - This hotel does not have a bathroom."

(In Deauville, 02 September) Q: " Where is the bathroom?"

A "I'm afraid our bathroom is closed for the winter, Sir."

And there are thousands of baths - the large majority in Sheffield I would suspect - that aren't free standing.

Have lived in 10 different houses in my life and none have had a free standing bath.

But if you put the bath against the wall - particularly in a corner - then when you tip the coal into the bath, it won't bounce out.

But if you put the bath against the wall - particularly in a corner - then when you tip the coal into the bath, it won't bounce out.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeh - we 'aven't kept t'coil in't bath since t'owd king were on't throne.

Archived