James Hairdressing, Glossop Road

Jim used to do my hair when I was at The West End. Does anyone remember Peter from the Post Office next door?

When did you run the West End, Kelvinlad? I used to have lunch there occasionally when the ex landlord of the Broomhill Tavern had it, can't remember his name now.

Had forgotten there was a post office there, it didn't seem to sell much. You might also remember Mick who owned the newsagents and Jim's sidekick Don?

When did you run the West End, Kelvinlad? I used to have lunch there occasionally when the ex landlord of the Broomhill Tavern had it, can't remember his name now.

Had forgotten there was a post office there, it didn't seem to sell much. You might also remember Mick who owned the newsagents and Jim's sidekick Don?

Hi boyfriday, I'm that ex licensee of the Broomhill Tavern. I took over at the West End from Bob Scruby. Peter at the post office wasn't the kind of guy who welcomed customers, to him they were a necessary evil!! Having said that, I always got on alright with him.

Hi People, Jim and Don Allott worked together at Roger Sherwoods in the city centre in the early 70's, Don was the manager, when they left Sherwoods Jim started his own shop and Don went to work with him, they were both very good hairdressers.

Hi boyfriday, I'm that ex licensee of the Broomhill Tavern. I took over at the West End from Bob Scruby. Peter at the post office wasn't the kind of guy who welcomed customers, to him they were a necessary evil!! Having said that, I always got on alright with him.

It's a small world Kelvinlad, I remember you better from your BT days, would have been the early 80's? Hope you're keeping well :)

Hi People, Jim and Don Allott worked together at Roger Sherwoods in the city centre in the early 70's, Don was the manager, when they left Sherwoods Jim started his own shop and Don went to work with him, they were both very good hairdressers.

Thanks for that ssbenson, you don't know what became of Don do you?

It's a small world Kelvinlad, I remember you better from your BT days, would have been the early 80's? Hope you're keeping well :)

I'm fine thanks boyfriday and now "retired"!! You'll have to give me a clue, I've no idea who you are.

I'm fine thanks boyfriday and now "retired"!! You'll have to give me a clue, I've no idea who you are.

Glad to hear that Kelvinlad. I used to go in the BT as an impressionable lad often in the company of David & Diane Barnes!

Archived