Im so upset right now I cant be bothered

I know iv had my last thread " My nitemare of a family tree " But I really cant be bothered to look for my last post ! Is my mate Rivelyn there cos Iv just found out not 1 but two of my ancesters died in first WW ! And Im so very upset ! I finally got my Grandads birth certificate and found out his mum and dad ! Well put it on Ancestry and OMG ! Not only have I lost one Great Uncle in first WW ,Iv now found out Iv lost 1 on my Grandads side ! Is there any wonder both their Great Grand children have so much respect for the men who lay down their lives ! Me and my brother have always had a great affinity with the WWs but first being the one one we have always been fascinated with ! Iv done nowt but cry since I found out ! Funny I went to a memorial today and loved it ! RIP my Great men

You should be able to find out when they died and where they are remembered/buried by searching the Commonwealth War Graves site

http://www.cwgc.org/

If they were Sheffield men then also check out Dean Hill's site at

http://sheffieldsoldierww1.co.uk/Index.html

If you find them on either of these sites then you should be able to access their medal cards or attestation papers (if the records have survived) at Ancestry.co.uk

Tuppie

I know iv had my last thread " My nitemare of a family tree " But I really cant be bothered to look for my last post ! Is my mate Rivelyn there cos Iv just found out not 1 but two of my ancesters died in first WW ! And Im so very upset ! I finally got my Grandads birth certificate and found out his mum and dad ! Well put it on Ancestry and OMG ! Not only have I lost one Great Uncle in first WW ,Iv now found out Iv lost 1 on my Grandads side ! Is there any wonder both their Great Grand children have so much respect for the men who lay down their lives ! Me and my brother have always had a great affinity with the WWs but first being the one one we have always been fascinated with ! Iv done nowt but cry since I found out ! Funny I went to a memorial today and loved it ! RIP my Great men

Live in the past as long as you can, but life moves on, even in Bradford.

There won't be a family in this country that didn't have a family member killed in WW1

You are there. Don't even need to search my tree to know my granddads brother was killed in France.

You are there. Don't even need to search my tree to know my granddads brother was killed in France.

Until I started researching my family tree I had no idea, but have found a great uncle and my grandads cousin who died in WW1 - I bet there are many more to be found.

Until I started researching my family tree I had no idea, but have found a great uncle and my grandads cousin who died in WW1 - I bet there are many more to be found.

That dreadful war, should have been the end to all wars Daven. But of course it wasn't. Live and learn?? Hmmmmm.. (To quote Jim Royal, My Arse!) How many men died, how many people are holding their grandads, great grandads medals in their hands like I am? ..and now how many of their grandchildren are in wars this day?

There won't be a family in this country that didn't have a family member killed in WW1
Quite right.
So was my grandma's brother Cecil Betts. Visiting his grave on the 75th anniversary of his death was a moving experience, as was looking around Gouzeaucourt cemetery and seeing over 1,000 graves of young men buried there. And this is evidently one of the smaller cemeteries....

Live in the past as long as you can, but life moves on, even in Bradford.

we should always remember the past because its what happened in the past thats made our future.I have young children and ive watched programmes with them to educate them about what happened in ww1 and 2.

Archived