Best small hatchback?

Golf tdi 1.9. 105bhp 60mpg +++ group 6 insurance , £60 6 months tax.

Drives and feels like a bigger car funnily enough.

It's the only car I've not upgraded anything inside except e radio as I had a nice alpine media station. The 10 stock speakers as brill, seats feel like hight quality 3rd party, all the switches like lights are off the steering wheel area and are automatic so you just drive no pushing buttons etc...

I did have a golf tdi 170bhp GT as a loan car for 2 months and that was wild, wheel spins at every junction, neck always pointing towards roof ! Boy o boy I was happy when that went back :hihi: think it was cos I was use to an underpowered Suzuki and then given that to play with.

That's why I got the 105bhp tdi , got all the mod cons as the GT but without pain in the neck.

Skoda fabia 1.9 sdi or tdi, Vw engineering 50mpg plus, And not too overpriced

The VW hold price like crazy. I bought a 6 year old golf TDi which set me back £5k. The car before that I had a Suzuki liana 1.6 se which was not 3 years old, still under warranty from main dealer , that was £2k.

The golf loses less money unlike other cars. My boss has a citron c6 or c5 as they all look same now, I think as he took the badge off. The price of that was £25k on the road, he bought it from the main dealer ex-demo 3k miles on the clock 5 months old , £12k.

I love my Pug 206, it's a little runaround and does everything I need. Excellent on petrol too. A tenner lasts me about a week. I do realise it's not in the same class as a Mitsubishi/Audi/VW but thought i'd recommend anyway, incase you wanted to slum it lol!!!

Archived