Best small hatchback?

Whats the best small car to buy and run, economical, easy maintenance, reliable. Looking to buy a runaround, thinking mitsubish colt, anything better then this?

thanks!

" Reliant ",save a tyre, dirt cheap but you might lose your image to your neighbours.

Golf tdi 1.9. 105bhp 60mpg +++ group 6 insurance , £60 6 months tax.

Drives and feels like a bigger car funnily enough.

It's the only car I've not upgraded anything inside except e radio as I had a nice alpine media station. The 10 stock speakers as brill, seats feel like hight quality 3rd party, all the switches like lights are off the steering wheel area and are automatic so you just drive no pushing buttons etc...

I did have a golf tdi 170bhp GT as a loan car for 2 months and that was wild, wheel spins at every junction, neck always pointing towards roof ! Boy o boy I was happy when that went back :hihi: think it was cos I was use to an underpowered Suzuki and then given that to play with.

That's why I got the 105bhp tdi , got all the mod cons as the GT but without pain in the neck.

A good car obviously wasted on you... Why would you be so useless that you couldn't control a Golf GT TDI.

A good car obviously wasted on you... Why would you be so useless that you couldn't control a Golf GT TDI.

As I said, was use to an underpowered Suzuki , plus I ruck up over a 100 miles a day. The lesser power of a 105 bhp golf tdi is the better choice for me. Plus plus since my other car was wrote off by a careless driver the group 13 insurance would have killed my wallet. The Suzuki on group 7 was £445 3rd party F&F, i was quoted £2125 for the group 6 by hasting 3rd party !

I rang around and got it to £945 from tesco, now this was after someone crashed into me. So looking at it from that perspective how much would the GT be £3-4? Also take into account a tdi to GT tdi same year car is about £4k difference at dealers.

So the TDI to GT if you take all that into account wasn't worth it for me.

I just love :love: my Hyundai i10. I only get about 35mpg but do lots of short trips, so thats not too bad.

It's very comfortable, plenty of room inside (small boot though), and only £35 road tax. Aircon, electric windows, and airbags come as standard. He is lovely!

• 2 months later...

Archived