No Beer for a year.

It's my birthday in a few days, and as part of finally growing up and many other reasons, I have decided to give up all alchohol for a year and try to raise some money for the Childrens Hospital.

No Beer for a year

My endeavour is to update the page every day for the next 12 months, but that is where I may have a problem. It might get tiresome talking about the same old things day in day out, so i'm after some help for idea's on what to write about, maybe anyone might want to join me on this little journey?

I'll explain why i'm doing it

1) I want to get fit again

2) I owe the SCH big time after they saved my daughter's life several times, now she's a happy healther 2 year old

3) Could do with saving the money

I'm looking for contributers, maybe people who have done similar, have a story of their own etc? I'm sure there are loads of people out there who could help me so if you can, please take a look round the site and feel free to get in touch with me, or comment on this thread!

Good luck mate. Maybe after a year, you might be able to give it up alltogether. For me it's easy; I'm not a drinker and will RARELY drink. If out quite simply I wont give in to the pressure of everyone else drinking.

You don't need to drink out to have a good time, and the whole culture of getting bladdered is quite pathetic. If you don't even remember what you did the day after, then it was pointless going out in the first place.

What you could do on your blog if you run out of day to day things to write about, is write about past things, interesting stories, stuff you have herd from other people, things you're interested in...

To be honest though I am not really sure if people actually read personal blogs any more, that kind of thing seems to have died out, mostly being replaced with web 2.0 content such as social networking. Blogs now are mostly used for hobby sites, tech sites etc.

Good luck on your endeavor though, just remember that the main thing is not to give in to peer pressure, stand your ground and be your own person.

I have had 6 month spells off to lose weight and get fit and it the willpower required certainly enhances your self respect and respect from others. It gets hard when you're surrounded by boozy mates of course but you have to tell yourself that the price you pay in terms of calories is too high for a few hours fun.

It's my birthday in a few days, and as part of finally growing up and many other reasons, I have decided to give up all alchohol for a year and try to raise some money for the Childrens Hospital.

No Beer for a year

My endeavour is to update the page every day for the next 12 months, but that is where I may have a problem. It might get tiresome talking about the same old things day in day out, so i'm after some help for idea's on what to write about, maybe anyone might want to join me on this little journey?

I'll explain why i'm doing it

1) I want to get fit again

2) I owe the SCH big time after they saved my daughter's life several times, now she's a happy healther 2 year old

3) Could do with saving the money

I'm looking for contributers, maybe people who have done similar, have a story of their own etc? I'm sure there are loads of people out there who could help me so if you can, please take a look round the site and feel free to get in touch with me, or comment on this thread!

I did 9 months abstainance when I was pregnant followed by another 5 of virtual abstainance whilst breast feeding. It is very hard when those around you are still hitting the sauce, but that first glass afterwards never tasted better.

Archived