No Beer for a year.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you to Sheffield Disposal for being the first Sheffield Company to sponsor my "no beer for a year" effort.

If you want an SEO optimised advert that will last for a lifetime (with unlimited changes allowed) for your business, a minimum donation of £10 is all it will take. You can advertise anything you wish, as specified in this blog post.

If you have a business in Sheffield, please consider doing this, as every business that donates means I don't have to ask my mates to donate and help me towards my £2,000 goal!!!!

If you have already donated (most haven't!) and have a Sheffield Business, then let me know and i'll create you a free SEO optimised advert by way of saying "thankyou"

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Just thought i'd mention this again as i'm coming up to six months.

Someone who works for the Childrens Hospital got in touch with me and suggested they get a PR company onto this to pitch it to some media as it might make a good christmas story, not drinking at Christmas - so hopefully can breathe some more life into this.

I've also added sms donating to this, hopefully people will see the irony of the text code I have chosen!!

Hows the booze free year going? Noticed a change in your physique?

Anyway good luck for the next 6 months. New years day will be an odd one, first sober one for about 16 years?

I gave up in September for a 5 month stint, still got a few months to go yet.

Since this is Sheffield forum I think I should incorporate a whine into my post. Noticed how the soft drinks cost so much in pubs? It's not like they pay the levels of tax on soft drinks as they do on booze, so why do soft drinks cost as much as the beer in some places?

There's only so many hours you can spend sipping diet coke or orange juice, so I have tried non-alcoholic lager. It doesn't taste that far off the mark, either its a good copy or I have forgotten what lager tastes like.

I can't stop drinking them now, I'm a bit worried that I have turned into a non-alcoholic. Woo! Friday night! Lets get bloated!

Archived