Work or dont work that is the question?

is it me or does the working class seem to be punished for putting in a hard days graft. Me and my partner both have not bad paid jobs we work full time plus the extra hours and it still seems the non working members of society come off better, If people dont want to work thats there problem but it should be the people who put in should get out. Like i say its not for me to say who should and shouldnt work but dont make it easy for those who dont

no not saying that i love working love haveing money in my pocket but dont like the idea of people haveing and doing the things i work hard to have

And what about those people who have worked hard but now through various reasons are unable to work or can't find work - aren't they now entitled to the things that you "work hard for"?

Do they just now go into a different "pigeon hole"?

And what about those people who have worked hard but now through various reasons are unable to work or can't find work - aren't they now entitled to the things that you "work hard for"?

So I work hard to afford my annual holiday to somewhere nice. Does that mean that those, who through no fault of their own, who have lost their jobs and are now on benefits are still 'entitled' to a nice holiday ???

Why are people so obsessed with other people's lifestyles? If you're enjoying your work and life then just ignore what other people are doing. If there were no benefits paid to anyone the only thing that would change is that you and your possessions would be more vulnerable to theft, your taxes would not go down, that's for sure.

No Not "entitled" for what i work hard for! hard work brings entitlement, if they have worked hard in the past they were then entitled, its unfortunate but its a fact of life, life will always have its ups and downs. it should be much harder and not benficial to be on benefits!

So I work hard to afford my annual holiday to somewhere nice. Does that mean that those, who through no fault of their own, who have lost their jobs and are now on benefits are still 'entitled' to a nice holiday ???

I'm having difficulty answering this as I'm not really sure what you mean about being "entitled" to a holiday.

Are you saying that I can't pay for my daughter, her partner and my grandson to come and stay in our caravan and have a holiday at my expense because they are unemployed? Because of course all people will see is them having a holiday that they aren't "entitled" to because they are unemployed.

Nobody as far as I'm concerned are "entitled" to anything!

Why are people so obsessed with other people's lifestyles? If you're enjoying your work and life then just ignore what other people are doing. If there were no benefits paid to anyone the only thing that would change is that you and your possessions would be more vulnerable to theft, your taxes would not go down, that's for sure.

Because if they themselves are funding others lifestyles, they have a right and a voice as to how the money is allocated.

Because if they themselves are funding others lifestyles, they have a right and a voice as to how the money is allocated.

I work and have worked for over 40 years and pay taxes and insurances and do you know something I don't begrudge my money going to the unemployed because one day I might become unemployed myself!

Archived