Work or dont work that is the question?

I'm having difficulty answering this as I'm not really sure what you mean about being "entitled" to a holiday.

Are you saying that I can't pay for my daughter, her partner and my grandson to come and stay in our caravan and have a holiday at my expense because they are unemployed? Because of course all people will see is them having a holiday that they aren't "entitled" to because they are unemployed.

Nobody as far as I'm concerned are "entitled" to anything!

I was simply responding to your question "And what about those people who have worked hard but now through various reasons are unable to work or can't find work - aren't they now entitled to the things that you "work hard for"?

No they're not entitled to the things, over and above necessities for life, that I work hard for if they expect me to contribute to those things via their benefits. However, If you want to treat your family you go right ahead.

And finally, everybody in this world is entitled to a great deal of things. Not to be harassed, not to be subject to physical violence, etc, etc so I'm sorry I can't agree with your final comment.

I work and have worked for over 40 years and pay taxes and insurances and do you know something I don't begrudge my money going to the unemployed because one day I might become unemployed myself!

I didn't say that you did, I was just pointing out that like any other government funded scheme, people deserve a say in how the money is distributed.

Because if they themselves are funding others lifestyles, they have a right and a voice as to how the money is allocated.

But they're not funding someone else's lifestyle, the government is, out of their taxes. If the funding stopped do you honestly believe that tax would go down?

And what about those people who have worked hard but now through various reasons are unable to work or can't find work - aren't they now entitled to the things that you "work hard for"?

Do they just now go into a different "pigeon hole"?

Obviously they do and why shouldn’t they, I now earn half what I used to, should I still expect 2 or 3 holidays a year, change my car every 3 years, go to footy home and away ………. I wish. :roll:

Obviously they do and why shouldn’t they, I now earn half what I used to, should I still expect 2 or 3 holidays a year, change my car every 3 years, go to footy home and away ………. I wish. :roll:

But why can't you afford your holidays or your new cars?

I only work part-time now having been made redundant 5 years ago from my job of 30 years. So although I do get a pension from the bank I am still not earning anywhere near as much as I was doing before I was made redundant.

But I still had a holiday this year - albeit only a short break in Ireland at Easter and it most probably will be the only holiday I get, but there again I never used to have more than one holiday a year anyway but it was never to anywhere exoctic - maybe a trip to somewhere in Europe like France or Holland and only for a week.

I also drive a brand new Twin-Air Fiat 500 which is very economical on petrol and has a zero road tax rate.

So I am presuming when you were earning good money you had the chance of putting some aside for when that rainy day came and you were unemployed?

Maybe you should go to your footie matches and start living again!

And what about those people who have worked hard but now through various reasons are unable to work or can't find work - aren't they now entitled to the things that you "work hard for"?

Do they just now go into a different "pigeon hole"?

Correct, otherwise there would never be an incentive to work.

its not about how much you earn it dont matter the only thing is that at the end of week or month you can say you have worked for it, you worked to drive your new car or go on holiday you. if theres no insentive to go and work then people wont

its not about how much you earn it dont matter the only thing is that at the end of week or month you can say you have worked for it, you worked to drive your new car or go on holiday you. if theres no insentive to go and work then people wont

There are too many people that turn work down because they think they're better than the salary or the role on offer.

People should realise that just because they were made redundant or whatever from a 40K salary job, that doesn't give them any right to walk straight into an equivalent one.

Archived