Twas but just a scratch

In light of Sean Bean shrugging off his stabbing the other week without seeking fuss or medical attention, just wondered if any blokes here can beat that?

For instance my mate swears that he once broke his leg in a football match and just played on because they didn't have any subs?

I once got my big toe broken whilst at a gig and must have been a bit mad that night because I continued to dance on it for about 4 hours whilst wearing 5 inch stilettos that had really pointy toes. It didn't swell up until I took my shoes off to check the damage in the car on the way home- that was a huge mistake because I couldn't walk after that and couldn't get my foot back into my shoe either.

The late great local legend that was Creepsie once got up and moved his bike out of the road after a bike crash, before getting onto the stretcher to go and have his broken bones in one arm and both legs repaired with plates and screws at the hospital. That was a genuine Creepsie moment :)

Not me but my other half broke his leg Thaiboxing, he came home on his bike complaining, I thought he was just doing the normal bloke thing and moaning so ignored his complaints. The next day I was not impressed when he told me he needed to go to the hospital, anyway I took him still not believing how bad he said it was.

Yeah well after the xray came back and he had broke it, and after his loud outburst "now do you believe me??" I felt bad :(

Bert Trautmann played almost an entire game with a broken neck and Mick Jones dislocated his elbow during FA Cup final but still collected his medal (think it was runner up) before going to hospital

I once kept my eyes open whilst observing an atomic bomb test in the Pacific when stationed their during the 50s, shortly after that I entered a reading competition at Christmas Island without using my golden eye ointment.

Archived