Twas but just a scratch

I fell off a cliff at Cressbrook bouncing into rocks on my 100 foot fall into freezing meltwater that carried me downstream for about a quarter of a mile before I managed to grab hold of a fallen tree and pull myself out.

Insisted on going to the pub after to 'dry out' 'til closing time.

Was taken to hospital after that to have stitches to deep cuts.

I broke my arm slipping on the ice with a pushchair, taking the boy to school, just as we set off.

I pushed the pushchair to school and back fully laden (4km), put in a day of childcare and finally went to the hospital in the evening when the pain refused to abate in the slightest.

I fell off a cliff at Cressbrook bouncing into rocks on my 100 foot fall into freezing meltwater that carried me downstream for about a quarter of a mile before I managed to grab hold of a fallen tree and pull myself out.

Insisted on going to the pub after to 'dry out' 'til closing time.

Was taken to hospital after that to have stitches to deep cuts.

HAH! I know the story behind that fallen tree!

I had once spent a week at Cressbrook staying completely still, imitating a rock formation to stake out a family of rare but lethal rock platypi. They had escaped a local collector and there was a huge bounty on their heads.

Around 1am(ish) on the last day of the stake out, seeing all 4 of them were sleeping soundly, I decided to make my move. I leapt into action with a net, casting it over them as I descended (the results of leaping into action after spending a week motionless were broken legs, wrists, and 4 vertebrae). When I landed with the targets in my captivity It dawned on me that they had double crossed me! I had in my net 4 imitation platypi stones!

I turned quickly to find them scurrying up a pineapple tree, I followed them only to be pelted with said pineapples. I dodged the first 5 but as I used both hands to climb higher, a 6th pineapple was coming straight for my face. There was nothing left to do but open wide and swallow it in one. This is where my "small scratch" comes in, the platypi had duped me again, the last pineapple was actually a painted hand grenade! It blew myself, the platypi and the tree base to kingdom come.

I awoke an hour or so later about a quarter of a mile downstream with bits of me clinging to the floating tree. I snagged a passing lungfish and stuffed most of myself inside it, then made my way to the pub to dry out til closing time. The rest is history.....

I once got my big toe broken whilst at a gig and must have been a bit mad that night because I continued to dance on it for about 4 hours whilst wearing 5 inch stilettos that had really pointy toes. It didn't swell up until I took my shoes off to check the damage in the car on the way home- that was a huge mistake because I couldn't walk after that and couldn't get my foot back into my shoe either.

The late great local legend that was Creepsie once got up and moved his bike out of the road after a bike crash, before getting onto the stretcher to go and have his broken bones in one arm and both legs repaired with plates and screws at the hospital. That was a genuine Creepsie moment :)

wow...who was this guy...i would love to know more about him, he sounds like such a great character, can you us any more about him, these characters should be remembered..

I had once spent a week at Cressbrook staying completely still, imitating a rock formation to stake out a family of rare but lethal rock platypi. They had escaped a local collector and there was a huge bounty on their heads.

Around 1am(ish) on the last day of the stake out, seeing all 4 of them were sleeping soundly, I decided to make my move. I leapt into action with a net, casting it over them as I descended (the results of leaping into action after spending a week motionless were broken legs, wrists, and 4 vertebrae). When I landed with the targets in my captivity It dawned on me that they had double crossed me! I had in my net 4 imitation platypi stones!

I turned quickly to find them scurrying up a pineapple tree, I followed them only to be pelted with said pineapples. I dodged the first 5 but as I used both hands to climb higher, a 6th pineapple was coming straight for my face. There was nothing left to do but open wide and swallow it in one. This is where my "small scratch" comes in, the platypi had duped me again, the last pineapple was actually a painted hand grenade! It blew myself, the platypi and the tree base to kingdom come.

I awoke an hour or so later about a quarter of a mile downstream with bits of me clinging to the floating tree. I snagged a passing lungfish and stuffed most of myself inside it, then made my way to the pub to dry out til closing time. The rest is history.....

There's no such thing as a pineapple tree.

"Platypuses" surely?

No, as stated previously, these were a rare breed of rock platypi, not to be confused with regular platypuses.

.......are you suggesting my story isn't 100% true? :suspect:

Not at all.I was just quetioning your grammar(which I realise leaves me open to mass condemnation on here!) I am quite prepared to believe every last detail of your story.Why would you lie?

2 birds with one stone story now.

My missis was heavily pregnant and was taken to hospital while I was at work. I got the word and jumped on my push bike ( I worked less than a mile from home at the time ) and raced off to meet her. As I approached home the bike slipped on large bits of broken glass which threw me off onto it. Needless to say now my arm was sporting a 3 inch deep gash on the bicep and pumping blood. I ignored the cut and got to the ambulance and rode through to the hospital. She went into the baby side, I went into A&E. The nurse managed to squeeze me through ASAP to be in time for the birth :hihi:

Archived