Is it time for Britain to get out of the EU

I had to laugh when Ireland said NO to the Lisbon treaty in a referendum, But the powers that be decided that something wasn't quite right about the referendum and how it was conducted so they went again, and the YES vote won.

If the YES campaign had won initially would the referendum have been held again?.................NO! :roll::hihi:

Prior to joining the Common Market in the 70s obviously. Fact is we have no self determination now.

I'd beg to differ that here in the UK we have no self determination, you are allowed to have you own opinions however ridiculous they are. You do give me a good laugh from time to time.

I didn’t mention any time scale ……… it was merely a statement of where we were to where we are now, although the way we keep flexing our military muscle you might be mistaken for thinking that there are those that still believe we still have a empire.

We only had power as an empire because we were effectively a large resource rich power block. Currently we are a pretty second rate little island with very limited resources. As far as I can see we basically have two options - join in with another power block or be small and quiet enough that China / USA / Russia / EU forget we exist...

And we need to have a say in who that market is run.

Eh?

Eh?

The real world hasn't moved on, the same basic principles apply and from what you've already said you'd be more than happy with a global world goverment and whatever they preached you'd be happy to adhere to.

I'd beg to differ that here in the UK we have no self determination, you are allowed to have you own opinions however ridiculous they are. You do give me a good laugh from time to time.

Chortle all you want, the fact is no one has had the opportunity in this country to vote for various upgrades and guises of the EU since the 70s.

No doubt another day and another thread you'll tell how the Suffragettes fought for the vote.

Not a lot of good if you don't to use it, is it?

Eh?

I'm sorry for the typo. Lol, it really did fox you though didn't it! I'll try again.

And we need to have a say in how that market is run.

The real world hasn't moved on, the same basic principles apply and from what you've already said you'd be more than happy with a global world goverment and whatever they preached you'd be happy to adhere to.

I'll refer you to this post:

I'd beg to differ................. you are allowed to have you own opinions however ridiculous they are. You do give me a good laugh from time to time.

Chortle all you want, the fact is no one has had the opportunity in this country to vote for various upgrades and guises of the EU since the 70s.

How do you go from this statement to concluding that we have no self determination now.

No doubt another day and another thread you'll tell how the Suffragettes fought for the vote.

Another post, another good laugh.

Not a lot of good if you don't to use it, is it?

I use my vote, the anti-EU parties don't seem to attract many votes though do they?

Yes they have, at every Local, General and European election there has been candidates standing on the premise of getting out of the EU.

I'm sorry for the typo. Lol, it really did fox you though didn't it! I'll try again.

And we need to have a say in how that market is run.

I'll refer you to this post:

No you didn't fox me at all, I knew that sooner or later you start getting personal as your last post has shown.

Not suprising the anti EU parties get less votes have you considered why this is?

Archived