Is it time for Britain to get out of the EU

I think I'm right in saying that there are more anti than pro EU British MEP's.

They can't be that anti-EU if they've taking the shilling to help govern it.

But as to the figures and allegiances, I have no idea.

It is worth remembering though that UKIP (and other minority parties) reach Fat City when they get an MEP elected (which is generally easier and cheaper than getting an MP elected).

Perhaps that's why they choose to do it, even if they have plausible denial (working to bring it down from the inside)

Since when have we had a vote to stay in or out of the EU?

Did you get a vote on whether the new bit of the ring road was built? Did you get a vote on whether parts of Derbyshire were changed to South Yorkshire as Sheffield expanded? Did you get a vote on whether the base rate for income tax was changed in the last budget?

All things which may affect you directly, but you can only pass your opinion on by voting people into power which share your views.

If there was a strong feeling and concensus that we need to get out of the EU, the anti-EU parties would be doing better than they are, which in turn would cause the major parties to alter their stances. If you currently asked people to rate whether we leave the EU from 1 - definately leave, as soon as possible; to 10 - definately not, ever; I think you'd find most people are hanging around the 3 to 5 region.

If you feel that we should have regular referendums on continuing our EU membership, I would be interested in your opinion on whether we should do the same for Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland's continuing membership of the UK?

Did you get a vote on whether the new bit of the ring road was built? Did you get a vote on whether parts of Derbyshire were changed to South Yorkshire as Sheffield expanded? Did you get a vote on whether the base rate for income tax was changed in the last budget?

All things which may affect you directly, but you can only pass your opinion on by voting people into power which share your views.

If there was a strong feeling and concensus that we need to get out of the EU, the anti-EU parties would be doing better than they are, which in turn would cause the major parties to alter their stances. If you currently asked people to rate whether we leave the EU from 1 - definately leave, as soon as possible; to 10 - definately not, ever; I think you'd find most people are hanging around the 3 to 5 region.

If you feel that we should have regular referendums on continuing our EU membership, I would be interested in your opinion on whether we should do the same for Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland's continuing membership of the UK?

I haven't got a problem with your proposals and how at the same time do you feel the vote given to the people of Ireland being re-run until the EU got the "correct" result?

Archived