No Gay sex please - we're Bishops!

In response to the equalities act the C of E is poised to allow openly gay bishops for the first time as long as they are in a civil partnership but aren't having sex.

Two questions really - how are the church authorities going to make sure the bishops aren't fornicating in the privacy of their own bedroom and why would gays want to become such major figures in a religion that clearly disapproves of them?

As I understand it, in order to comply with equality legislation the C of E have decided to permit homosexuals to become Bishops.

However they will ask homosexual candidates to confirm that they abstain from sex, and that they have repented from any previous sexual relations. However, by not asking the same of heterosexual candidates, I am pretty sure that they will still be contravening the legislation.

Somewhere in the Bible it says 'Men who sleep with men shall not inherit the Kingdom of God' or words to that effect. So my Jehovah's Witness friend tells me. I can't see the point in allowing people to be Bishops etc if they choose to ignore the 10 Commandments and parts of the Bible they don't like. Its like wanting to pass your driving test but refusing to do a 3 point turn and an emergency stop because you don't approve of them. Prince Charles will be head of the Church of England if/when he becomes King. He's not too keen on obeying the 10 commandments for a start so the post shouldn't be offered to him.

I do not understand why it is always the Church in the headlines for this? Do Mosques allow openly gay Imams? Do Synagogues allow openly gay Rabbi? Are they going to comply with equality laws? Who is going to be checking they do?

I do not understand why it is always the Church in the headlines for this? Do Mosques allow openly gay Imams? Do Synagogues allow openly gay Rabbi? Are they going to comply with equality laws? Who is going to be checking they do?

Does it matter what god they waste their lives begging to?

They are all the same.

Not real!

I do not understand why it is always the Church in the headlines for this?

Catholics don't allow any sexuality in their clergy (although the point is open to attack ;) ).

The Church of England is in the news because they are discussing it, not because they are being forced to accept gay bishops.

Archived