Good Nature Abused by Family Member?

i feel like im been deprived of my own money that i should have for what i need and want so someone else can have it with no intention of giving it back, i mean i could be wrong and there could be a genuine reason every time they say a date ill get it back that i dont, i always give benefit of the doubt, but in the last four days ive had 3 days that im getting back and a different excuse every day, and i find it hard to believe as its been ongoing now for nearly two months that they havent had a single pound to contribute to their debt in this time. or even an appology

If they keep saying they'll give it back and don't, tell them that, and say that's why you won't lend them any more!

Or say you can't lend them any money as they've taken it all already...

What's up with you are you soft and what's family got to do with any of it ? Just tell them you won't lend them any more money and that's an end to it, not exactly hard to do is it:confused: You can ask them to repay the monies owed but you may have to accept they won't pay it back. :)

The best advice I ever got from my Dad was don't lend money unless you can afford to not get it back again.

I aint got no crystal ball but I can tell you what will happen if you are in the slightest bit off with them, when you next ask for it back. They will take the opportunity to engineer an argument that will enable them to say " Right, you can go whistle for your money"

I speak from experience of dealing with somebody like this.

When I had money I lent my family members large amounts for cars, house deposits and the like. It trickled back way slower than we agreed. Now I'm broke not one of those I helped will lend me squat. They have cars and hols and nights out. Ive been had and it stings. I will be back on top someday and guess what no more mr nice guy, ever.

The best advice I ever got from my Dad was don't lend money unless you can afford to not get it back again.

I aint got no crystal ball but I can tell you what will happen if you are in the slightest bit off with them, when you next ask for it back. They will take the opportunity to engineer an argument that will enable them to say " Right, you can go whistle for your money"

I speak from experience of dealing with somebody like this.

the best advice I got was

"If you lend a friend a fiver, and you never see them again, it's got to be worth it!!!" ;):D;)

Archived