Good Nature Abused by Family Member?

I really dont know what to do, they are putting me in a very difficult position, I dont want to let family down but its driving a bigger problem at home and especially in my pocket. im on a low wage as it is have my own bills and debts to pay and cant afford to just keep donating money to their pockets. Ive actually gone without things this weekend due to lending them something for two days last wednesday which i still havent got back on sunday night.

I truly have had enough now, Ive even contemplated going to small claims as this debt has slowly built up over two months now, and had no sign of even a small payment back to it... but i havnt done so because its family....

Family are letting you down, you're letting yourself down, major respect issues from all round.

Be polite, tell them the cards have changed and could the loan be returned as you are now struggling. If no joy then use it to your advantage, take PT's "If you lend a friend a fiver, and you never see them again", pearl of wisdom advice and move on.

If it's more than 10k I'll sort it for a grand. Discreetly. ;)

i have the same problem today with my 20 yr old daughter whos just finished uni..she expects me to keep her etc until she finds a job..im on a low income myself..people do not understand when you tell them you are financially stretched.sympathy to the op i know truly how you feel.

Dont have kids if you cant support them then.

Its your job to pay the bills untill they aew ready to leave the nest.

When I had money I lent my family members large amounts for cars, house deposits and the like. It trickled back way slower than we agreed. Now I'm broke not one of those I helped will lend me squat. They have cars and hols and nights out. Ive been had and it stings. I will be back on top someday and guess what no more mr nice guy, ever.

Thts crap mate.

Some people are just scrounging, selfish gits.

Dont have kids if you cant support them then.

When they reach twenty, they are not "kids" anymore and should be able to support themselves or, at the very least, make some contribution.

When they reach twenty, they are not "kids" anymore and should be able to support themselves or, at the very least, make some contribution.

Well then parent them right so they dont grow up expecting handouts.

Thats how sink estate scum is produced.

Well then parent them right so they dont grow up expecting handouts.

Thats how sink estate scum is produced.

you know this from expierience do you,i may be be keeping my daughter at the age of 20 but shes got a degree,does that make her scum.i hardly think so mate..if you want to see some scum look at those who have never had higher education and have several babies before they are out of their teens,ive seen em so i know..

you know this from expierience do you,i may be be keeping my daughter at the age of 20 but shes got a degree,does that make her scum.i hardly think so mate..if you want to see some scum look at those who have never had higher education and have several babies before they are out of their teens,ive seen em so i know..

No it makes her bone.

Not going through higher education dunt mean you are scum.

Being bone sure does contribute though.:D

that was the point i was trying to make really,no doubt i will keep her til she gets a job..was just having a good old moan about it..im sure she is going to get herself a good job now shes got her degree.

that was the point i was trying to make really,no doubt i will keep her til she gets a job..was just having a good old moan about it..im sure she is going to get herself a good job now shes got her degree.

I wish her all the best.

Archived