Do Certain Songs Remind You of People And Places?

Every now and then a song heard on the radio sparks a memory,for instance The Beatles Love Me Do reminds me of having a dinner time drink in The Albert on a Monday after work,it always seemed to be playing on the juke box,another one Trini Lopez,s Lets Dance always reminds me of The Saddle on West Street.Are there any songs reminding you of people or places from times past good or bad?:D:roll::confused:

cry me a river by justin timberlake..........spain

crushed by the wheels of industry by heaven 17....the day my dad died.

19 by paul hardcastle...the day my son was born.

youre the inspiration by chigargo....my wedding...

the little boy that santa claus forgot by nat king cole...an old dear nieghbour.

donna by 10 cc....my sister

havent stopped dancing yet by gonzales....my teens..

When I hear "Save The Last Dance For Me" it's 1961 and I'm 17 again, at the Locarno dancing with Graham Cook, I met him at Lyndsay Road Youth Club and thought he was gorgeous. I haven't seen him in 50 years but he is right here with me when I hear that song

'the only way is up' by yazz...always reminds me of my first holiday abroad majorca 1988

was always bein played at the time.....just hearing the begining of the song and I am immediately transported back there :)

When I hear "Save The Last Dance For Me" it's 1961 and I'm 17 again, at the Locarno dancing with Graham Cook, I met him at Lyndsay Road Youth Club and thought he was gorgeous. I haven't seen him in 50 years but he is right here with me when I hear that song

Same with me rainbow, I was going out with hubby at that time and I too was 17, he used to sing it to me. Now every time I hear that and Jim Reeves singing ' Put your sweet lips a little closer to the phone' I am seventeen again and feel all romantic towards my hubby. :love:

Jimmy Nail, cowboy dreams reminds me of city hall and so wanting to meet the drummer who by the way was looking at ME all night :hihi:

No sorry he was looking at ME although i cut a very dashing figure sort of think he was of a different beat??:hihi::hihi::love::love:

I used to play in a band in the late 80's and early 90's and every time I hear Simply the Best by Tina Turner, or any other songs from that era, always remind me of playing on stage in Sheffield Working Men's Clubs - in fact not just Sheffield but all around South Yorkshire! Happy memories.

Archived