Five attempts to pass my driving test! How many for you?

I think the problem is with the examiner rather than my daughter!

They have mark sheets that list what items she failed on and I guess they will show you the reason! so ask your daughter to explain them and if you both feel he's wrong ask for another examiner or a witness to sit in the back during the test.

passed 1st time in '89' tho it was a lot easier then, from hillsbro, i went up to wisewood, lower walkley, stalled it in the first 5 mins, then i thought damn i've failed so i drove carefree without stress (as i thought i'd failed) then he gave me my pass sheet, that was in my own car ( a 2 yr old xr3i) that i wish i still had, and as a previous poster on here has said i was from/lived at grenoside at the time (wish i still was) maybe the pass rate up there is good still

Couple of blokes I know didnt even bother taking their test and they`re are still trundling around now after 30+ years of driving.

Same here, in fact I was in the car with one on Friday and he is a superb driver, although he is about as legal as a knuckle duster covered in uranium.

A girl that my auntie works with took her driving test last year. APPARENTLY (and I say this as its only what she has told me, with no proof) the driving instructor got into the car with her, but had forgotten his glasses. He got out and went back into the office, leaving his clipboard on the passenger seat.

She got a bit nosy, and picked up his clipboard, and started looking through. She saw a list of names with (pass) or (fail) by the side of them. Hers said (Fail). Bar in mind she hadn't even started the car yet.

When he came back, she obviously queried this with him, and was a little bit upset and angry. He told her to calm down, and he would pass her, as long as she didn't tell anyone. She passed first time. However, she has told everyone, and has APPARENTLY (again I have no proof) made an official complaint.

A girl that my auntie works with took her driving test last year. APPARENTLY (and I say this as its only what she has told me, with no proof) the driving instructor got into the car with her, but had forgotten his glasses. He got out and went back into the office, leaving his clipboard on the passenger seat.

She got a bit nosy, and picked up his clipboard, and started looking through. She saw a list of names with (pass) or (fail) by the side of them. Hers said (Fail). Bar in mind she hadn't even started the car yet.

When he came back, she obviously queried this with him, and was a little bit upset and angry. He told her to calm down, and he would pass her, as long as she didn't tell anyone. She passed first time. However, she has told everyone, and has APPARENTLY (again I have no proof) made an official complaint.

Outrageous, she lied about not telling anybody. That's gratitude for you

12 lessons and passed 1st time

Well done flash blade, I had quite a few friends that passed first time which kind of put me under a lot of pressure.

I have since made up for it though and have many awards and trophies for outstanding driving, I also passed a special advanced driving test some years ago in order to be able to own and drive a certain high performance car.:)

Archived