Best place for a curry near Sharrow?

amhaines

Dhanistas on Abbeydale Road do superb veggie and meat curries. Its opposite the Rude Shipyard cafe. I went again on Saturday just gone and the place was packed and the food excellent as usual. They now have Kingfisher on draught too. If you do a search on the forum for this place you will see it gets very positive reviews, the prices are great and the curries really stand out from the usual curry house.

East West on Abbeydale Road does very nice Southern Indian and Sri Lankan cuisine - so lots of veggie and fish dishes! Great service, cheap too! Take your own alcohol if you want. It is quite basic in terms of the surroundings - if you were looking for something for a special occasion it's probably not going to be your top choice, however the food is so good it's definitely worth a visit! Try to book ahead if possible, it's only small and fills up fast!

Dhanistas on Abbeydale Road do superb veggie and meat curries. Its opposite the Rude Shipyard cafe. I went again on Saturday just gone and the place was packed and the food excellent as usual. They now have Kingfisher on draught too. If you do a search on the forum for this place you will see it gets very positive reviews, the prices are great and the curries really stand out from the usual curry house.

Another vote for Dhanista's!

East West on Abbeydale Road does very nice Southern Indian and Sri Lankan cuisine - so lots of veggie and fish dishes! Great service, cheap too! Take your own alcohol if you want. It is quite basic in terms of the surroundings - if you were looking for something for a special occasion it's probably not going to be your top choice, however the food is so good it's definitely worth a visit! Try to book ahead if possible, it's only small and fills up fast!

Oooo - missed that post. East & West is pretty damn good too.

If I were you i'd nip up the hill to Kashmiri Aroma on Woodseats, a really splendid restaurant, a cut above the usual, excellent food, the curries tend to be a little (authentically) 'drier' and not awash in oily sauce, great attentive service and pleasant environment, goo on gi' it a bash!

Archived