Advice needed for blisters please.

I purchased a good pair of walking boots that fit great. I've tried to wear them in but unfortunately they are still causing the most painful blisters. I've bought blister plasters etc but no joy. It seems that there is friction between my sock and the heel of the boot and it just burns.

Any advice please. The boots are made of leather uppers and soft leather at the heel. Thank you.

Thanks for the tips. the two pair of socks seems to be similar to the 1000 mile socks so I will try tonight and order some.

I have had the boots some time but after each walk I have had to let my heels recover as the blisters were very bad. It seems worse when I walk up hill where I can feel the friction. I look at the boots now and just don't want to put them on but I can't afford another pair. The boots are lightweight Brasher and felt fantastic for the first couple of miles and then.......ouch!

Try wearing them when you aren't going to walk for more than a couple of miles... Some boots can take a long time to break in (and it will help toughen your heels). Uphill causes you to lean forwards into the front of the boot and lift the heel, it does cause more movement, make sure the boots are tight enough to minimise that movement.

Archived