Sola - why was it so empty?

zoogirl81

The Watcher ?

Its going to shut ?

On what authority do you have this info?

What firm evidence can you give to support this, or is it just hear-say.

From my experience the management are doing a sterling job, always polite to me and put plenty of effort in. They are having to deal with a bar that has a big neg past and is slightly out of the way, after all you don't just stumble across it.

I would dis a lot more bars in Sheff before this one, give it a chance and less of the neg stuff.

Oh and no I don't work there, never have and have no mates who work there, purely a personal observation.

Slinky

The Watcher ? A question for you.

I have just had a look at your most recent posts on all topics and most of them seem to be negative about one thing or another (mainly bars). You also seem to have been a bar manager in the recent past and have or are looking for work, due to a ''loss of opportunity''. This makes me think that the neg feedback you are posting may be of a professional nature. Let us know where you used to work so we can make an educated guess as to why you seem to have it in for certain bars and venues.:heyhey:

Slinky

The Sola bar is a fantastic venue, top marks to the layout and design of the interior it has real potential. It’s just a shame that certain members of staff scare the public away by insulting and treating paying customers like idiots.

The Sola has been described as one of Sheffield’s best kept secrets, is this the real reason why it’s so empty???

:confused:

I used to like going there, but it was the bar staff that killed it.

OK, they may have been great at making cocktails, but a good barman/woman should at least make eye contact as acknowledgement that you actually exist whilst taking half hour to make someone elses Mojito.

Admitedly it was some time ago, so maybe it's improved.

Best barman ever was Harold of Halcyon. He was quick, looked like he was having fun and always gave you a nod that you were next to be served.

Originally posted by Unisol

Best barman ever was Harold of Halcyon. He was quick, looked like he was having fun and always gave you a nod that you were next to be served.

word.

a few years ago i used to go to sola on the regular and it was always busy with a great vibe.

not sure why but that crowd just disappeared into thin air.

the last time i went was over a year ago and there were about 12 people there on a friday night.

the reason i won't go is that i don't think it will be busy and i don't like sitting in an empty bar. i guess this is a reason why alot of people don't go.

Originally posted by SlinkyMinky

The Watcher ?

Its going to shut ?

On what authority do you have this info?

What firm evidence can you give to support this, or is it just hear-say.

From my experience the management are doing a sterling job, always polite to me and put plenty of effort in. They are having to deal with a bar that has a big neg past and is slightly out of the way, after all you don't just stumble across it.

I would dis a lot more bars in Sheff before this one, give it a chance and less of the neg stuff.

Oh and no I don't work there, never have and have no mates who work there, purely a personal observation.

Slinky

Im the promoter of Soulphisticated which is every saturday.It does get a little quiet on certain nights has do other bars in sheffield and they are in busy locations.It is out of the way from other bars but once people get there they seem to enjoy the night,also ive never found the staff rude or insulting,the staff are very friendly and the bar is a fantastic place.

http://www.soulphisticated.net

Archived