Dog-friendly pub in Sheffield?

FerFer

Hello!

Wondered if anyone could help- parents are coming to visit tomorrow and bringing the family dog. Just wondered if anyone knew of a nice dog-friendly pub that serves good lunch, preferably near the city centre, or if in the peaks not too far out. Someone suggested the Castle at Castleton but I wanted somewhere a bit closer.

Thankyou :D

The Sportsman up towards Redmires, Hallam.

Not only will your dog be happy there but you can eat their wonderful home-cooked food and drink their superb ales like Landlord, Magnet and Tetley.

You shouldn't be disappointed. It's a real traditional pub. Loads of parking and not too far away (nice views too on a decent day).

1. No Dogs Allowed.

A guy wanted to take his Chihuahua into a restaurant with him, so he put on dark glasses and "tapped" his way into the establishment.

The waiter said "Hey!, you can't bring a dog in here."

The man indignantly claimed "I'm blind! ... this is my Seeing Eye dog!"

"You're trying to tell me" said the waiter, "that this Chihuahua is a Seeing Eye dog?"

"What???!!", cried the man, "they gave me a Chihuahua?"

2. The liquid on the INside of a fire hydrant is H2O

The liquid on the OUTside of a fire hydrant is K9P

:D:help:

Originally posted by viking

Why don't they re-name it the "Fat Dog" then? :hihi:

1 Because it's been called the Fat Cat for rather a long time

2 Because the proprieters do indeed have a fat cat themselves, and I'm very pleased to report that she's a beautiful Sheffield Cats Shelter cat, and we all give her a cuddle when in the Fat Cat for AGM, or other less businesslike, business.

Archived