Is England really in debt?

If,as a lot of people on this forum seem to believe,people only become rich and powerful by using foul means ( as opposed to fair) why wouldn't they be able to use these same means in your brave new world and once again become or stay powerful?

Most people who are really seriously rich did not earn the money for themselves. I truly admire self made men/ women . Unfortunately England is ruled by people whose mummies and daddies gave them lots of lovely money. They had it made from birth. :(

Well that about sums it up. I would like that. England would rise from the ashes like a phoenix. It would be leaner and meaner and the corrupt people who are the ruling classes would all be dead!:D

If you want to live like that you could just move to Zimbabwe or Afghanistan. I've not noticed them doing much 'rising from the ashes' though since their economies and governments fell apart (or were taken apart).

/derail

coloidial silver was a better more natural medicine before penacilin, (penacilin=big ££££) so im told:)

No it wasn't, it still isn't now and what you were told is wrong.

jb

how do you know?

Research. I also have no desire to end up liking like a smurf

http://whatstheharm.net/colloidalsilver.html

http://www.quackwatch.com/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/PhonyAds/silverad.html

1: van Hasselt P, Gashe BA, Ahmad J. Colloidal silver as an antimicrobial agent:

fact or fiction? J Wound Care. 2004 Apr;13(4):154-5. PubMed PMID: 15114827.

2: Tran HA, Song S. Silver toxicity masquerading as hypocaeruloplasminaemia.Pathology. 2007 Aug;39(4):456-8. No abstract available.PMID: 17676494 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

3: Chang AL, Khosravi V, Egbert B. A case of argyria after colloidal silver ingestion.J Cutan Pathol. 2006 Dec;33(12):809-11.PMID: 17177941 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

4: Mirsattari SM, Hammond RR, Sharpe MD, Leung FY, Young GB. Myoclonic status epilepticus following repeated oral ingestion of colloidalsilver.Neurology. 2004 Apr 27;62(8):1408-10.PMID: 15111684 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

5: McIntyre E, Wilcox J, McGill J, Lewindon PJ. Silver toxicity in an infant of strict vegan parents.J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2001 Oct;33(4):501-2. No abstract available.PMID: 11698771 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

6: Gulbranson SH, Hud JA, Hansen RC. Argyria following the use of dietary supplements containing colloidal silverprotein.Cutis. 2000 Nov;66(5):373-4.PMID: 11107524 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

7: Forycki Z, Zegarski W, Bardzik J, Swica P. Acute silver poisoning through inhalation.Bull Inst Marit Trop Med Gdynia. 1983;34(3-4):199-203.PMID: 6681363 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

8: Marshall JP 2nd, Schneider RP. Systemic argyria secondary to topical silver nitrate.Arch Dermatol. 1977 Aug;113(8):1077-9.PMID: 889335 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

/derail over

jb

NS&I is a government department offering saving and investment schemes to the general public. It is not like saving with a bank or building society. Instead you are lending money to the government to finance public spending. Because NS&I is backed by HM Treasury, you can rest assured that all your capital is 100 per cent secure, however much you invest.

NS&I Premium Bonds

Like most others, the UK government borrows money by issuing bonds. In the UK, these government bonds are called gilts.

So you don't know either.

Archived