Is England really in debt?

I have gone through life with very few debts, always choosing to buy it when I have saved for it, with the exception of my properties and car. None of Englands debt is anything to do with me so I would like to opt out of paying any of it. How do i opt out, where would I get the form from?

Do you not use services here? If you live in a mountain side cave, and never used any infrastructure, you might be able to claim it's nothing to do with you, otherwise it's as much to do with you as with anyone else.

If you don't like it, vote for a politician that promises not to run a budget deficit.

Just cleanse the UK of all none public and none ex public sector workers. Re appropriate their properties savings and investments, in order to smooth out the transition period between 'can do' and 'can't do'.

Go for it, you know that it makes sense. :rolleyes:

Do you not use services here? If you live in a mountain side cave, and never used any infrastructure, you might be able to claim it's nothing to do with you, otherwise it's as much to do with you as with anyone else.

If you don't like it, vote for a politician that promises not to run a budget deficit.

No, I do not use any of the services.

This thread reminds me of little kids who can't accept that mum and dad don't have an unlimited supply of cash.:hihi:

Perhaps you could tell us what the extent of the limited supply is then?

Is money real ? what is it based on ?

For every bond that National Governments issue money becomes available to buy the bonds dependent only on the coupon rate !

How much sovereign debt exists ? Where did the money come from to buy the debt? How much will the sovereign debt principal + interest be worth after x years? Where will the money come from to pay it?

We don't produce enough food in the UK to feed everyone...

Countries defaulting on debt is a big thing, just like individuals they'll find it difficult to ever get credit again in the future, which severely limits the governments options for spending in lean times.

We could produce all our own foodquite easily.

but not enough to feed everyone unless we introduced some rather draconian rationing

We could feed everyone without rationing. All the facts and figures look at available land, ie land that is not privately owned to be used for producing food. If we took and used all the land, privately owned or not, we could be self sufficient.

We could feed everyone without rationing. All the facts and figures look at available land, ie land that is not privately owned to be used for producing food. If we took and used all the land, privately owned or not, we could be self sufficient.

You also have to realise there would be less food needed because many people would emigrate and less people would want to immigrate.

You also have to realise there would be less food needed because many people would emigrate and less people would want to immigrate.

Plus lots of people would go back to their own countries if the wellfarce state did not exist.

Archived