Is England really in debt?

We could feed everyone without rationing. All the facts and figures look at available land, ie land that is not privately owned to be used for producing food. If we took and used all the land, privately owned or not, we could be self sufficient.

So you plow the peak district and the new forest and start intensive farming.

I'm not sure I'd want to live here after we'd completely destroyed the country in the ways you're suggesting.

No, I do not use any of the services.

Right.... You never went to school, you've never been to a doctor, you don't walk on the pavement or use the road, the street lights don't illuminate the path for you. You aren't defended by our armed forces, law and order isn't maintained on your behalf by the police and you've never had an elderly relative or child.

And that's just a bunch of services that you most likely use, have used or will use off the top of my head.

There is so much ignorance and contradiction in that short post that it's hard to know where to begin. Life's too short to even start.

Since that is precisely what a Nobel laureate in economics has been arguing, it does have to be asked why any one should take your dismissal of his views to be anything other than an expression of your patronising ignorance?

Ignorance is as ignorance does:

... is hardly a consensus.

Since it was the consensus opinion that got us in to this financial mess the more enlightened amongst us might think it worth while looking for solutions elsewhere than the consensus.... flogging dead horses never got anyone anywhere.

Since that is precisely what a Nobel laureate in economics has been arguing, it does have to be asked why any one should take your dismissal of his views to be anything other than an expression of your patronising ignorance?

And he's not concerned about the increasing inflation that relaxed wage constraints would create... Inflation is a problem, unless you're a debtor, and even the current rate is harming millions of people on fixed incomes or who save.

Archived