Reincarnation, your thoughts?

I love the guys who are 100% certain of the answer to this, I wonder what they are like with lottery numbers. ;)

Agreed, for both sides. I doubt that anything spiritual happens to us after death and there is no evidence to suggest otherwise, so I go with that.

The fact is we just don't know.

It reminds me a little of the car threads where someone will say they have a problem with their car and somebody replies "It's your EGR valve mate, 100%. same thing happened to mine".

Many faults can share the same symptoms and (IMO) anybody who says "100% definitely" without looking at the car is a bit of a fool.

It is the same as religion is a lovely idea for the comfort it offers and wards of the fear of the eternity of nothingness.

Buddhism doesn't base reincarnation on comfort. It says that all life is suffering (dukkha) and only enlightenment (through meditation and Buddha's teachings) will end the cycle and the soul* can enter Nirvana and be nothing.

-------

*Note: I can't remember what Buddhism says about a "soul", so take it as a bad interpretation of a bigger concept.

Buddhism doesn't base reincarnation on comfort. It says that all life is suffering (dukkha) and only enlightenment (through meditation and Buddha's teachings) will end the cycle and the soul* can enter Nirvana and be nothing.

-------

*Note: I can't remember what Buddhism says about a "soul", so take it as a bad interpretation of a bigger concept.

hiya, this life is complicated enough without us wondering about the future, when you look at where you came from, like we all had two parents possibly 25 years older than us, we had 4 grandparents ,50 years older than us, then 8 g,grandparents 75 years older than us, then 16 g.g.grandparents 100 years older than us. try doing this for several hundreds of years, now this is is fact surely unless i've missed something... i only remember 1 g.grandfather there were another 7 g.grandparents who died before i was born.

Personally I don't believe in reincarnation. Like religion, it's a nice enough idea but it's all a little bit far fetched for my likings.

I believe that you have one shot only in life and when your time is up, that's your lot, no returns.

I'm reading a book at the moment called 'children who have lived before' by Trutz Hardo, this book says you pick your parents and some people can remember who they used to be and the life they had to the point in this story they identified who murdered them in therir past lives.

I have always believed in reincarnation and the afterlife. But how about you? has anything ever made you believe in an afterlife and in reincarntion?

Haven't we been here before ?

Archived