Help with car insurance

hi been in a crash what was my fault. my insurance is now sayin they done hpi on car and as come back ok but they are investigateing it as they say the car looks like it as been in a crash before. i bought the car as sold as seen. i only just mot it about a month ago were do i stand. as i was not aware of crashes on the car the car lookt ok drived ok as said there is nothin on the hpi pls help. what are my rights.

anybody know what i can do. as i said i did not know my car had damage befor they sayin the chassi as allreay been bent befor. how am i ment to know that pls can some forum users help me.

Where did you buy the car from?

If it was Auto Trader do you still have a copy of the advert & photos?

Just build your case and provide as much evidence as possible. The fact the car was MOT'ed a month ago should confirm the cars condition.

In simple terms it means the car might not be worth as much if they're going to pay you out.

In complex terms they might try and look for a defect or fault in your car to avoid paying out.

Get an independent HPI check on the car.

just have today and it as come back fine no finace nothin recored. i bought the car 4000 pound from a privert seller

Where did you buy the car from?

If it was Auto Trader do you still have a copy of the advert & photos?

Just build your case and provide as much evidence as possible. The fact the car was MOT'ed a month ago should confirm the cars condition.

i bought it from a privert buyer had my mate who works at a garage do a hpi he said no its all good so bought it for 4000 pound the mot was done last month and went strait through. the onl thing ive got is the recipet. how man of us would know the car as been in a crash we bought if you do a hpi and everything is ok how would you know. somebody as told me if the chassie is bent it would need to go on a machine. so the insurance must be sayin everybodywho buys a car we must have this check first or they should be some sort of law sayin takeyourcar when you have bought it to check the chassie showley they carnt do this

Nothing is on the HPI report, so surely they have goto prove that it has been involved in an accident before.

Most people HPI a car and if clear assume the car is clean.

so even if they did prove something were do i stand as did not know. the car drove fine had mot on car which i did myself.

Archived