Help with car insurance

No chance with first 2 could try vosa but as i said you.ll need structual report and vosa may insist on there own inspection as well.Think your in for a battle though.

All i can say is get somone that knows what there doing or RAC inspection before purchasing a car.Afraid it is buyer beware.

what would other forum users do? you buy a car do a hpi make sure your car is leagal mot insurance tax. then later on your in a crash they take your car away to arepair center then say way investgating your car as it looks like its been in a crash befor. i saved for my car worked all my life done everything right for them to and try and blag me.

The car would not 'show' on a HPI check, if repaired 'independently', by the former owner(s).

thanks that means alot just wanted somebody say yes your right what your sayin thanks pal. they makein out if ive done something wrong which ive not.
You done nowt wrong its just a way of trying to not pay if they feel there was damage previously upto them to prove damage was done before your crash.

hi been in a crash what was my fault. my insurance is now sayin they done hpi on car and as come back ok but they are investigateing it as they say the car looks like it as been in a crash before. i bought the car as sold as seen. i only just mot it about a month ago were do i stand. as i was not aware of crashes on the car the car lookt ok drived ok as said there is nothin on the hpi pls help. what are my rights.

Contact the Insurance Ombudsman, tell them whats happening with regards to your insurance claim. Also inform your insurance company that you are contacting the Insurance Ombudsman, they dont like it because it costs them money when the Ombudsman is notified.

You need to wait and see what they say before you do anything, and don't go shouting the odds, wait until you get their report then if they are disputing the claim get someone to help construct a reasoned response highlighting all your points. They might decide they were wrong, you never know.

You need to wait and see what they say before you do anything, and don't go shouting the odds, wait until you get their report then if they are disputing the claim get someone to help construct a reasoned response highlighting all your points. They might decide they were wrong, you never know.
Its very possible thats what i was saying get a copy of structual report from them before anything else.I dont know if they just accept findings of one garrage these days but when we did them chap from insurance would come to see us take a note of our findings.He would then have it checked else were and if ours was within budget we would get the job.I wounder if it is realy at a garrage or if inspector has just made notes they do if its only light damage on your previous acident.Or least they used too.Thinking about it i wounder if thats how it got missed was,nt inspector correctly in past if this is the case.Or seller was one crafty dude lol

+1 to this. You're worrying over nothing that you can control.

Let them do their stuff and if you dispute it then seek an independent report.

Rampent has a good point though - it may have been involved in a bump where the owner fixed it themselves and didn't notify the insurers. No doubt saving them the paperwork hassle but causing you grief.

I personally think everything should go through the insurer, no matter how small. If you don't like that, drive more carefully and don't crash.

Archived