Meynell rd.school

year after you left Meynell shut down & i finished up @ chaucer for last year,depending whereabouts on Cross you lived some went to Southey.Flemming,Williams & Bunting went up to Chaucer,don't know what happened to others.Our teacher @ Meynell was a lass called Russell,a real stunner,she was the girlfriend of that tennis player Roger Taylor.Was there a teacher there called Garbutt?when you were there,i think he was a geordie.

yeh,that was Garbutt,he used to run football team.He was also a wrestling nut,he used to take some of us to Rotherham baths to watch it.When you think back to what some of those teachers did,especially Flemming,they'd have been locked up nowadays.

yeh,that was Garbutt,he used to run football team.He was also a wrestling nut,he used to take some of us to Rotherham baths to watch it.When you think back to what some of those teachers did,especially Flemming,they'd have been locked up nowadays.

hiya i remember that albert quixall went to that school and i remember his school team playing my school team springfield in the late 40s on city surveyours sports ground.

Hi Red Ted, Dougie Mountain was a mate of mine and he didn't play for West Ham it was Bolton Wanderers where he went and travelled there with Freddie Hill, he later moved to Sheffield United. Also in the England team was Terry Venables and I seem to remember that Doug roomed with him when they stayed over. I didn't go to Meynell but I seem to think there was a teacher there called Norman Beatson who ran the football team and also St Columbus youth club team at Crosspool, he was a gentleman. Other ex Meynell boys were Trevor Hoskins, Syd Oxley, Fred Tingle, Pete Montgomery and Bernard Brockehurst.