Mankers a sheffield word

Well Zakes this frotting is a new one on me ,but going back to post 4 on the Mankin job ,a mate of mine who shall be nameless but was called Dennis and drove a concrete truck used to ask the lasses in the crowded pub if they would like to feel how soft his new leather belt was .

The said young ladies could not look at the said belt due to being packed in like sardines but invariably chose to feel it anyway ,and for some reason Big Dens belt always made them scream as though they had had a shock!

Only just spotted this but I used to know a readimix driver called Dennis too.....in fact I helped build the Parkway :hihi:.....did he have ginger hair? and drive an MG as well as the tallyhoist? The MG was great for manking in.

Mankers are male or female loose with their morals having extra marital relations on the side,such as Friday nights grab a granny night at Dial House club.A lot of Manking went on there for sure good buddy!:roll::roll::roll:

The reduction in the amount of teenage mothers and increase in older women giving birth has put an end to the 'grab a granny' night.

Only just spotted this but I used to know a ready mix driver called Dennis too.....in fact I helped build the Parkway :hi hi:.....did he have ginger hair? and drive an MG as well as the tally hoist? The MG was great for mankind in.

Dennis had mousy coloured hair gingerish i suppose ,You can bet your life he had a M.G. He definitely delivered on the Parkway . He also had a very soft leather belt as described in post 48.

Mankin was a most glorious pastime in the 60s plus I always had a pocket full of "SPICE" for afters (sweets) to none Sheffielders also on many an occation I have had a good " thrapein darn Ginnel " from many an irrate Father who caught me wi his daughter.

Mankin was a most glorious pastime in the 60s plus I always had a pocket full of "SPICE" for afters (sweets) to none Sheffielders also on many an occation I have had a good " thrapein darn Ginnel " from many an irrate Father who caught me wi his daughter.

It were lovely down them passages! Jack especialy on the wall that had the coal fire behind it .Bliss!

• 2 months later...
Mankers A Sheffield Word.

Nah then Cuttsie,

1. I've read through this thread with interest, and noted there are varying opinions as to what manking is. I don't claim to know what it exactly is, I can only relate my own personal experiences from the early 60's in Hackenthorpe when I started participating in the wonderful pastime of manking with lasses (as it should be).

We young 'uns usually performed manking in the dark, because we didn't want to be caught by grown ups because they would surely have been tempted to throw a bucket of cold water at us. As you know, in those days the buckets were made of metal and often galvanised, and if you got hit by one of those it usually bloody well hurt!

To us, manking was slap and tickle, or slap and slap, or kissin' and cuddlin' and groping. This usually happened away from adult prying eyes, in corn fields, house porches, bicycle sheds, coal bunkers, bluebell woods etc.

Looking back over the years it must be said I preferred manking as opposed to the real thing, because with manking it was less hard work, and you didn't get a bad back. You could also get windows in your fingers if you weren't (or was) careful, and that meant having to wash your hands later, or you could always lick your fingers clean if so desired. Yum.

2. I don't know if manking is a Sheffield word or not.

3. When I worked for local government in Hannover during the late 80's, my colleagues and I used to go straight from work to a restaurant from time to time. The restaurant was a Chinese one called Manking (true), which was a better eaterie than one nearby called Ung Flung Dung (not true). Lol.

4. A male on the throne is a man-king, or have you ever heard of a woman-king? (keen and quing).

5. When we used the word manking we always dropped the G, and said mankin'.

6. I used the word manking on two of my earlier threads, 'Nah then folks, during the 60's' post 30 subtitled , 'Not quite salad days' 18.3.2010, and post 64 subtitled 'Shytes McGregor 1965' 5.3.2011.

7. Cuttsie, post 4 on this thread you described a situation which sounds to me like frottin(g) and that's a great rewarding pastime too!

8. When I was about 8 or 9 years old I asked me mum the meanings of three terms I had learned from a lad called Derek Beeley at Birley Spa Junior School.

(A) Cow juice, she told me she thought it meant milk.

(B) Manking, she gave me a thick ear.

© Jam rag, she went barmy and gave me a reight old pasting. After that, I never used that last term in front or behind of her again. I told Derek at school what had happened, and he told me, in future I should say Dr. White or refer to it as a 'packed lunch for a vampire', especially if it had been used. BET THIS GETS ME BANNED, BLOODY HELL! Blame Derek.

9. Keep posting your stuff Cuttsie. I really admire your passion, humour and determination!

Merry mankin(g) mate.

Zakesey.

Zakesey, Just had a pint in Whitwell Derbyshire and spotted there Chinky Loo is called Minge it smells lovely so will try it later on.

Happy new year.

Cuttsie.