Any airgunners here?

Mickey,your mate should have gone round the arable farmers,they always want the pigeons shooting,oil seed rape fields are the target.A lot of farmers prefer air guns round the farms for rat reduction,less noise and safer than a shotgun.Me and my mate are out shooting on a regular basis,pest control only with the air gun.Pigeon is very tasty,not tried rat though.Join basc,get the insurance and go and ask for permission,you will be successful eventually,then word gets passed on that you are reliable and safe,more permission. Sorry about your cat chaz and dave but you will get cruel people that do these things ,banning guns will not change them.I use nail guns every day,the 5" one is more powerful than the air rifle with a lot heavier projectile,would you ban them as well? We shoot on average 1000 rats a year and more pigeons so something useful is done with airguns.

Edited by lottiecass

• 3 weeks later...
I own and shoot an Air Arms Pro Sport and a Weihrauch HW77K, both in .177, both under-lever and Walnut stock. Brought up on springers and although i like to shoot PCP's, springers are where it's at for me. Love the thread - **** bickering tho

Now I'm the other way around, I prefer PCP. But then again, I had chance to play with a decent springer recently, and I have to say it was very nice was the HW98 I was using. Still not sure if I want to be flapping about with springs in the field, but it was such a leap on from the springer stuff I used to use it was amazing.

• 2 weeks later...
Now I'm the other way around, I prefer PCP. But then again, I had chance to play with a decent springer recently, and I have to say it was very nice was the HW98 I was using. Still not sure if I want to be flapping about with springs in the field, but it was such a leap on from the springer stuff I used to use it was amazing.

Like you Obelix , i prefer my pcp ( currently using an AirArms S410 carbine in .22 & a Daystate Huntsman Mk1 in .177) , nothing against springers but the s410 gives me 10 shots between re-loads and if i miss with the first shot i can generally get a second shot off in less than 3 seconds

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...