What to buy..Birthday gift

It is my closest and best friends birthday on Saturday, and I am wondering what to buy her.

I have an old pics of us at age of 9 ish that I had framed ect.

But wanted to get her something special as we have been friends for 20 yr. I would love to take her away but think that will have to wait a bit as I am going abroad august and I am then paying for my home to be extended on ect.

Anything with in a budget of £50 I think max. :)

What can I get any ideas????

The thing is with these type of threads its hard to say because id like to say take her shopping buy her some nice clothes so she feels so special and go out and get her fuelled up but.... the thing is i dont know the person in question so she may be a streaker and a nun all at the same time.

If it was me id throw her a little party because ive always said to my OH id rather want a £1 present that had alot of thought into it rather than a £10,000 present that was bought 'cos i mite like it'

Have you not noticed things she's pointed out she likes or anything?

I write notes throughout the year and get lots of little small presents rather than one big one.

Also, I put a lottery ticket in the card/present.. You never know, could end up getting her a really amazing present then!

Although, deep down I know I'd be really gutted that I hadn't kept the lottery ticket for myself if they won :hihi:

Thats such a good idea both about writing things down throughout the year however I do have a objection in a sense because the lottery ticket is a risky stratgery firstly if they won you wouldnt ever be able to look them in the eye without going green with envy and I cant help but think that sort of behaviour can be hazardous to any kind of longlasting relationship so although you would make there day by handing them £120million in A sense I also think you would ruin there day as you explained that now she will be dining woith royals you cant spend time with her anymore.

Have you not noticed things she's pointed out she likes or anything?

I write notes throughout the year and get lots of little small presents rather than one big one.

Also, I put a lottery ticket in the card/present.. You never know, could end up getting her a really amazing present then!

Although, deep down I know I'd be really gutted that I hadn't kept the lottery ticket for myself if they won :hihi:

Thats such a good idea both about writing things down throughout the year however I do have a objection in a sense because the lottery ticket is a risky stratgery firstly if they won you wouldnt ever be able to look them in the eye without going green with envy and I cant help but think that sort of behaviour can be hazardous to any kind of longlasting relationship so although you would make there day by handing them £120million in A sense I also think you would ruin there day as you explained that now she will be dining woith royals you cant spend time with her anymore.

I would not mind, because I know her well enough to know she would spread the wealth lol

I would with her and anyway we find we can make money we always do as a joint venture.

:)

how about a spa afternoon. a massage each and a pedicure each. there are places where you can be in the same room, its not too dear and would be lovely, you could then go and have a special meal together, toasting your 20 years together.

how about a spa afternoon. a massage each and a pedicure each. there are places where you can be in the same room, its not too dear and would be lovely, you could then go and have a special meal together, toasting your 20 years together.

Wow fab idea I am going to do this I did it before at the shefffield spa been before was ace. I ain't took my mum great thing for her, mum of 2 needs a break :) she will love it :)

Thanks all my mate is sat here now hungover, would say she slept over but we have not been bed lol.

I rang her to see what she was up to for her vbirthday she said she had arranged a night out a week yesterday.

For a load of us to go bowling and out for dinner, but nothing on her actual birthday.

So I took her out for tea at what used to be fountain in town. And we got a taxi back to mine got a load of alcohol in and invited a load of people round mine. I bought her a birthday cake too and we surprised her with that and sang to her :)

Hehe I am feeling ok but I have not drunk like my friend had :hi:

She really enjoyed it sure we won't forget this night for a long time. My jaw still aching from laughing so much . Was worth every penny to see her smile too :)

Archived