New insurance law

Under the terms of the little-known continuous insurance enforcement law, it will be an offence to "keep" an uninsured vehicle, whether a car, van, motorbike, motorhome or truck – even if it is locked up in the garage or permanently parked on a driveway.

Who on the forum will this new law apply to. Who has an old banger in their garage, or on their drive. Unless it is insured from to-day YOU are breaking the law.

Regards

Angel.

As i understand the new law, you have to declare SORN if it is not insured, same as you would if it's not taxed. what i don't understand is, if you declare SORN for no insurance, do you also have to send a valid tax disc in to be refunded ?

As i understand the new law, you have to declare SORN if it is not insured, same as you would if it's not taxed. what i don't understand is, if you declare SORN for no insurance, do you also have to send a valid tax disc in to be refunded ?

Declaring the vehicle sorn as I understand it will NOT save you. If you have 3 vehicles, but only one on the road, you must now have insurance for the other 2 under the Continuous Insurance law. A Government scam to take more brass from us. I recon.

Regards

Angel.

Declaring the vehicle sorn as I understand it will NOT save you. If you have 3 vehicles, but only one on the road, you must now have insurance for the other 2 under the Continuous Insurance law. A Government scam to take more brass from us. I recon.

Regards

Angel.

No, you can issue an SORN to avoid paying insurance if they are not being driven: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-13836625

Regards

Angel.

yet another con:rant:

Regards

Angel.

You are mistaken I'm afraid. If you vehicle is offroad and declared as such by means of a SORN then you don't need to keep insurance on the vehicle.

No, you can issue an SORN to avoid paying insurance if they are not being driven: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-13836625

Quite right Twiglet, I was wrong.

"Vehicles with a valid SORN will not need to be insured, and owners can check their vehicle is registered as insured by using the free service at askMID.com."

Apologies to all.

Regards

Angel.

Archived