New insurance law

Why do you have cars you use and yet do not have insurance for?

Oh dear:shakes::

http://www.dayinsure.com/ is one option.

They are covered against fire and theft but not agaisnt third party losses. For a holiday or a car show I call up the insurers and ask for a weeks cover and there you go - cost is minimal and it's easy - or it was till this rather asinine law cam in.

http://www.dayinsure.com/ is one option.

They are covered against fire and theft but not agaisnt third party losses. For a holiday or a car show I call up the insurers and ask for a weeks cover and there you go - cost is minimal and it's easy - or it was till this rather asinine law cam in.

Does it really save you money? I have a bus which I insure all year for £120 and a sports car for which I pay £106 both of which are taxed as "classics" and insured fully comp.

Does it really save you money? I have a bus which I insure all year for £120 and a sports car for which I pay £106 both of which are taxed as "classics" and insured fully comp.

It's £31 for both for a year for off road - £5 admin and then about £25 for a fortnights cover during the summer which wasn't bad.

What bus have you as a matter of interest?

Bristol SC

Umm I think I know that one - fairly short with a single door towards the front?

One of my old school masters used to run some AEC Regents and a Leyland Olympian but I never was really that into them. Was fun trying to learn a crashbox though :-)

Umm I think I know that one - fairly short with a single door towards the front?

One of my old school masters used to run some AEC Regents and a Leyland Olympian but I never was really that into them. Was fun trying to learn a crashbox though :-)

Correct although it does seem longer than it's 27'6" when trying to turn the non power assisted steering in a tight place

It doesn't make sense. Say you have a sports or classic car you only use in the summer, so you keep it SORN during the winter months, but you'd still want it insured against fire or theft even if it's not going on the road. Does declaring SORN exclude you from insuring it?

Can't you buy "lay up" insurance?

Archived