New insurance law

And I'll remind you that free travel within the EU is not uncommon and seeing other car registrations in the UK is not uncommon.

And I remind you that ...

No there doesn't. I can drive any car I don't own, ie one lent to me or one I'm thinking of buying on my current policy.

... you claim to be able to drive any car you don't own. So again please explain how you will legally drive a UK registered car on public roads which is either:

1) SORNed

2) Taxed but uninsured.

jb

Have you read my example? The road tax is £20 a year because it has a small "clean" engine.

Would the DVLA refund part of the £20 or not? Is it worth the hassle to refund for just £20?

Well I wouldn't leave it on the bar, you must be a southerner. :hihi:

Would the DVLA refund part of the £20 or not?

I think they have a legal obligation to (providing the disc is legitimate and has more than a month remaining before expiry).

Is it worth the hassle to refund for just £20?

It would never be £20 that you got back though, you would lose a minimum of a months worth).

And I remind you that ...

... you claim to be able to drive any car you don't own. So again please explain how you will legally drive a UK registered car on public roads which is either:

1) SORNed

2) Taxed but uninsured.

jb

By getting into it, starting the ignition and driving it away.

Read the part about KEEPING, not USING and try it again.

By getting into it, starting the ignition and driving it away.

Read the part about KEEPING, not USING and try it again.

And when you are stopped by the police and the vehicle impounded for having no insurance I suggest you do not come crying to me.

jb

Usually you can only drive another car third party if that car is covered by another policy..? If not then, for example, you could have fully comp. on an old banger and drive your ferrari on the third party cover available on your banger's insurance..?

'Usually' is not the same as 'Always'. On all previous occasions, when I notified my insurance company that I will be driving a different car they've never complained. Were I to say tell them that I wanted to drive that different car on a regular basis, they would no doubt require me to insure it separately.

BMW have a multi-unit motorcycle policy in the UK. The argument being that you can only ride one bike at a time. The insured pays the premium on the most expensive bike and all other bikes have TPFT in the garage and comprehensive cover on the road for a tenner each.

I shall become an Eastern European resident. In this way if/when I am caught I shall sod off back to Warsaw.

Good luck suckers !

Hope this helps.

You'll probably see quite a few British cars there ... on their way to Russia and a foew other countries in the area.:hihi::hihi::hihi:

And when you are stopped by the police and the vehicle impounded for having no insurance I suggest you do not come crying to me.

jb

But if you are stopped by the police and can produce a document which says you are insured to drive that car (and my company sends me a certificate for periods of temporary cover) then the police will have to settle for nicking you for failing to display a tax disc. Unless, of course, the vehicle comes from a place which doesn't have tax discs - In which case the police sometimes get confused.

I have a couple of vehicles which have Channel Islands licence plates. When the UK changed its licence plate format about 10 years ago, nobody bothered to consider whether the new format plates might look like licence plates from elsewhere.:hihi:

jb

What part of "I have insurance for the vehicle" are you finding it difficult to understand? Or are you just demonstrating synthetic ignorance?

Archived